PDA

View Full Version : LOOKing for rare earth magnets- calgary

Finaddict
10-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Hi Does anyone know where in the city i can buy some SMALL rare earth magnets?- for keeping a door on a stand on- enclosed.

please reply if you know of any store in the city prefer se/sw but will travel if have to!!!!

thx

mike31154
10-30-2008, 03:58 AM
I'm not from Calgary but I'm fairly certain Lee Valley Tools carries rare earth magnets. If there is not a retail location in Calgary, they have a web site and do much of their businiess via mail order. Membership required, but it doesn't cost anything to be a member, kind of like Mountain Equipment Co.

mseepman
10-30-2008, 04:30 AM
Princess Auto usually carries these as stock items...in many different sizes. Try there.

Aquattro
10-30-2008, 04:35 AM
but it doesn't cost anything to be a member, kind of like Mountain Equipment Co.

Kinda like, except MEC costs $5 :)

mark
10-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Kinda like, except MEC costs $5 :)

ya but that was 5 bucks once about 30 years ago.

For magnets, I got mine at Lee Valley, they carry lots of sizes plus the caps they sit in so you can attachment them to wood etc.

MikeP
10-30-2008, 04:47 AM
I'm not from Calgary but I'm fairly certain Lee Valley Tools carries rare earth magnets. If there is not a retail location in Calgary, they have a web site and do much of their businiess via mail order. Membership required, but it doesn't cost anything to be a member, kind of like Mountain Equipment Co.

I got mine at Lee Valley. They have a good selection of sizes, the store is in the south by Costco.

Finaddict
10-30-2008, 05:09 AM
Please note: due to production delays, we can accept orders only after
November 19, 2008

lee valley is out till nov 19.

any other places?

rona?

EmilyB
10-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Well I have a few from Lee Valley kicking around, but for cabinet door....no, you would need a crowbar to get back in there...:lol:

AndyL
10-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Why not just go to the hardware store and get some of the nice magnets designed for cabinet doors? :)

I should probably keep my comments to myself about MEC... I refuse to shop there after learning how much they donate to those organizations who's sole purpose is to eliminate my camping & backcountry recreation...