PDA

View Full Version : Refugium decisions.

JDigital
10-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Well, For whoever is following my build thread, you will know that I had originally planned to scrap the fuge and store my CL pump in there, but that changed yesterday, so now I have my fuge back, but not sure what method to choose...

1. BB w/ Live Rock and Chaeto, plus a phosban reactor
2. DSB w/ Chaeto, plus Phosban
3. DSB w/ Live rock, Chaeto, and Phosban

Unlike my previous plumbing setup, this time I don't have a line running to the fuge from the overflow, so I was thinking about getting a small 50-75gph pump to setup in the skimmer section of my sump with a section of hose and use that for my fuge feed line. My Fuge measures 10x18x15.

Any suggestions for/against any of this?

Cheers.

Frenchie
10-28-2008, 03:07 AM
Tagging along.

mark
10-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Why not fed from the overflow?

To your question, I personally like BB w/LR and cheato mainly as easy to siphon detritus (but then my fuge is tied to a drain) and to get any shedding from the macro. I don't bother with a DSB or Phosban as test get 0 or near zero Nitrate (Salifert) and same for Phosphate (Lamotte).

JDigital
10-28-2008, 05:37 AM
I'll probably only run the Phosban in the first couple months to stay on top of the new tank phases...

JDigital
10-29-2008, 10:29 PM
No other recommendations?

motokorth
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
So far with my BB sump I am loving it. I can see where all the crud is so I can clean it up easily. Though I will be adding some rock into it slowly so I can seed it for my nano when I get that up and running.