PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI systems..... Is one better than another?

X-Treme
10-26-2008, 07:59 PM
So.... I am looking into buying an RO/DI system and am wondering if any one brand is better than another? I DO like the idea of having a "T" after the RO to get drinking water tho as well as in and out TDS readings.

Looking for all your opinions...

What brand are YOU using? Like it? Would you change anything? etc?

xtreme
10-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Ya I would definitely recommend getting one were you can "T" off a drinking line, I use mine all the time, even makes coffee taste way better. Not sure what makes one brand better than another as long as you are getting 0 ppm on your out line. One thing to think about is the GPD. The way they are rated is assuming all conditions are ideal (temp, water pressure, etc.) so depending on how much water you need and how fast you want to make it you may want to invest in a bigger unit. My 100GPD unit makes quite a bit lees than 100 gallons in 24 hrs thats for sure.

midgetwaiter
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
You could add a T to any system and just run that to a water tank for drinking.

Given the local water conditions you should look for a system that has a good membrane in it. Something that does > 95% removal so you don't go through DI resin as fast. It would also be good to invest in something that comes with 1 micron or smaller carbon cartridges as they do a much better job of chloramine removal.