PDA

View Full Version : Problems with m3 CO2 regulator/solenoid?

ed99
10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Folks,

I recently bought a CO2 reactor that came with a m3 regulator/solenoid. I was unable to get more than 24 hours out of the first one before the CO2 flow would stop. It would restart only when I unplugged and then replugged in the solenoid valve. I exchanged it yesterday and now after 12 hours I have had the same problem with the new one.

Has anybody else had this problem? These valves are brand new and pretty simple- is there any explanation for the problem besides a defect? The CO2 is food grade and water has never got near the regulator.

Thanks,

Ed

Pescador
10-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Are you using a controller with the solenoid? If so is the problem with the controller setting? If not you don't really need to use a solenoid.

ed99
10-26-2008, 08:36 PM
No, just plugged into the wall. Most of the reading I did suggested that a solenoid was still worth using in the case of a power outage. I'm wondering now if it is worth the hassle since I have this outlet on a UPS.

Are you using a controller with the solenoid? If so is the problem with the controller setting? If not you don't really need to use a solenoid.