one. Are they next to immpossible to keep? Are they a filter feeder? What
kind of lighting do they prefer? Do they need a tank of their own? Anyone
Know where to get one? Saw one at my L.F.S but I don't think I'd chance
it if ya know what I mean.:twised:
My thought for the day is can you ever have too many tanks...just thought
I'd share with all.
Leah:wink:
________
buy vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

Marlin65
10-26-2008, 05:03 PM
They release toxins when they die same as cow/box fish I would not get one unless you have just them in a tank.
Not sure about feeding them.

Trigger Man
10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Be careful when getting one, as mentioned above they do release toxins. I had a cucumber for around a year with my fish and then one day everything was dead, and the water parameters checked out good. After that I decided it just was not worth the risk anymore.

don.ald
10-26-2008, 05:35 PM
hillside aquatics in victoria has one in their display--quite beautiful

rzadun
10-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I had one in 55 gallon reef once. Had it for six months. They are filter feeders and do not require special lighting as they are not photosynthetic. Iwas cleaning the glass and bumped it with my hand. It released a grey cloud of smoke which killed all the fish in the tank. I would never keep one again.

don.ald
11-01-2008, 12:35 AM
is there anyone out there that has had a good experience with keeping seaapples?

Drock169
11-01-2008, 07:10 AM
J&L has some pink and green cucumbers, well not sure if they are still there, they are quite nice looking and supposed do fairly well in captivity provided that you feed a wide variety of particulate matter, but also they are toxic if they die just like the sea apple.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Aquariums West has some HUGE sea apples right now. They are gorgeous! Bright yellow, red and blue. They were eating very well too. Looked healthy. About 8" I would say for the biggest one. Actually may have been bigger than that.

albert_dao
11-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Where's Aquariums West? Iss that in Van?

Drock169
11-02-2008, 08:23 PM
its downtown van, best to ask the price first though

white sand
11-27-2008, 03:41 AM
The sea apples at Aquariums West are $50 each. They have two of them (as of yesterday) and are beautiful.