PDA

View Full Version : Strange happenings

Bob I
04-24-2003, 03:45 PM
The two pictures below are of the 96W PC tube in my Coralife fixture. The first yellow one was taken when the light was a few days old. The second much whiter one was taken a couple of months later. It seems strange for a tube to get whiter rather than yellowing.
http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/10000K.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/10000later.jpg :confused:

AJ_77
04-24-2003, 03:56 PM
That first picture made me suspicious from the get-go, Bob. Whatever the reason, I'm glad the bulb is whitening up for you. When I saw it I thought it was defective, or just not a very good bulb at all.

Almost had another argument for MH. :eek:

Cheers,

Jack
04-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Maybe the bulb "burnt in". I have no explination. Tank looks cool though :cool:

Quinn
04-24-2003, 11:12 PM
bob what's the big grey (or is it gray) thing on the right hand side of the second picture?

Bob I
04-25-2003, 01:17 AM
bob what's the big grey (or is it gray) thing on the right hand side of the second picture?

Gray or grey, it does not matter. As to what it is? It is a Toadstool (sarcophyton) wthout his tentacles out. :cool:

AJ_77
04-25-2003, 01:24 AM
It is a Toadstool (sarcophyton) wthout his tentacles out. :cool:

Toadstools gots tentacles???

:eek:

Bob I
04-25-2003, 07:30 PM
It is a Toadstool (sarcophyton) wthout his tentacles out. :cool:

Toadstools gots tentacles???

:eek:

Actually yes, smartypants. Toadstools have two kinds of polyps on the Capitulum. Autozoids which extend TENTACLES and siphonozoids, which look like freckles.(Sprung) :snipersm:

One_Divided
04-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Have you run carbon at all since the bulb was yellowish? Or do many water changes? The yellow/green may have just been something in the water..

Bob I
04-25-2003, 08:10 PM
Have you run carbon at all since the bulb was yellowish? Or do many water changes? The yellow/green may have just been something in the water..

Unfortunately, no. I have changed no water, nor have I run carbon. IOW I changed nothing. :confused: