PDA

View Full Version : Reef stores in the Peg?

scumchug
10-24-2008, 01:59 AM
Heading to Winnipeg for supper this weekend. What are the good reef stores to visit these days?

Skimmerking
10-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Salt Water Connection on Henderson highway.
Fish GAllery on Main street 935 I think its on the right side.

scumchug
10-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks, its been a while since i've been back. I remember where the good places to eat are, but forget most everything else.

BlueAbyss
10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
There are a million awesome restaurants in Winnipeg! Carlos and Marty's in Osborne. It's a must stop for me when I (rarely) go to the 'Peg.

Guess next time I'm down there I'll have to go see some fish too. :biggrin:

slakker
10-24-2008, 06:42 PM
There are a million awesome restaurants in Winnipeg! Carlos and Marty's in Osborne. It's a must stop for me when I (rarely) go to the 'Peg.

Guess next time I'm down there I'll have to go see some fish too. :biggrin:

I has been a long time since I left back in '92. I remember that place as Carlos and Murphy's when I was going to University. The Blue Note Cafe was still around and Neil Young would drop by every-so often if he was in town. GOD, I'm old! :)

DanG
10-24-2008, 06:58 PM
the guy who runs salt water connection just got back from Bali. His tanks are overflowing with hand picked goodies right now. Well worth a visit.

BlueAbyss
10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
I has been a long time since I left back in '92. I remember that place as Carlos and Murphy's when I was going to University. The Blue Note Cafe was still around and Neil Young would drop by every-so often if he was in town. GOD, I'm old! :)

Whoops, you are right, I'm sure it is Carlos and Murphy's. It's been a long while since I got down that way... but definitely one of my all time favourite restaurants. And you can't be that old, even I remember the Blue Note, though I'm not sure if it's still there (it had changed and wasn't the same as I originally remember it being anyhow).

scumchug
10-25-2008, 12:53 AM
HA HA HA. I have totally forgot about The Blue Note Cafe...... WOW! Its been a long long time.

I could spend 2 months eating at good restaurants in Winnipeg. The food is awesome. I don't want to spend that much time there tho. I miss the food, but not the climate.

DJKoop
01-14-2009, 06:18 AM
It seems that the government has come down on this store for some illegal practices. Illegal imports and false documents. Here is the link.

http://www.ec.gc.ca/default.asp?lang=En&n=714D9AAE-1&news=01BCAA43-4E8F-46EA-B640-C045DC876E8D

hillbillyreefer
01-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Has anyone ever heard what happened over these allegations?

I got into a huge argument on another board with a bunch of people who convicted him in the court of public opinion.

phreezee
01-19-2009, 04:29 AM
Well the court date was in April and he had a shipment in October so I'm guessing nothing came of it... either that or he paid a fine and that was the end of it. Anyone know?

Quinster
01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
It has been remanded until Jan/09.

BlueAbyss
11-02-2009, 03:39 AM
So, is the consensus still Fish Gallery and Saltwater Connection? I'm in Winnipeg and I'd like to check some stuff out... I guess I'll stop at Birds and Aquariums to see if their big display is still up.

ribbie
11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
The only 3 I visit is:

J&W Bird Co on main st
Fish Gallery on main st
Salt Water Connection on henderson