PDA

View Full Version : Setting up my 148 gallon reef tank.....best online store for RO unit, etc

newreefer_59
10-23-2008, 06:57 PM
I see so much selection for on-line purchases, it is tough to know who to go with. I am in Calgary area and looking for a RO-DI unit and auto top-off unit. BRS was recommended, but given the $ exchange, may want to stay in Canada. Any recommendations on the best online site or local store? Thanks

ElGuappo
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
JL is always an option. ive never ordered but they have a pretty good rep. and prices are good. check vendor forum.

JDigital
10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
you could try JL Aquatics (BC), Ocean Aquatics (BC), Red Coral Aquariums (Calgary), Ocean City (Calgary).. to name a few.

phillybean
10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
BWI

http://www.shopbwirrigation.com/

75 gpd RODI - Under 200 bucks.

Whatigot
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
JL all the way...
seems like the general consensus from out of towners.
though I'm local, so don't take my word for it, just what I've read on similar threads.
cheers

phillybean
10-23-2008, 07:52 PM
JL for RODI and Auto Top Off - $375
BWI - 275

Admittingly it's a nice JBJ top off, however the one from BWI is dual float switch...

mseepman
10-23-2008, 07:53 PM
I've been really happy with www.bulkreefsupply.com They have a lot of selection on RO units and now no duty to Canada. Excellent customer service too.

DanG
10-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I (along with probably half the other people here) got my RODI system from Aquasafe via their eBay site. It's been running great for the last couple of years.

slakker
10-23-2008, 09:39 PM
If you get to a Costco, I saw a 5 stage there for $150 this last weekend. But Costcos varies by location on some of the stuff they carry.

I had a GE from Home Depot before (a 3 stage). I'd stay away from that, it's too overpriced.

The one I'm using now is a 6 stage RO/DI from FilterDirect from eBay, it's a Water General system. I'm designed to be RO for my regular drinking water and RO/DI for aquarium use. There's 2 separate outputs for that purpose. I really like it and it was pretty cheap. It's a 100 GPD system and get's me 0-1 ppm TDS at the output.

It terms of ATO, do you run a sump? For my 34G RSM I use a Tunze osmolator because it works well... but for my 72G bowfront, I just use a plain-old-plain-old float switch. All of $20 bucks and a little plexi-fabrication.