PDA

View Full Version : Go

Leah
10-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I am a little embarrassed to ask, oh well I have a 33 gal tank for this my
guestion is can I acclimate more than one fish at a time? I have only done
it singly, as I wasn't sure. I use a skimmer, hang on filter, bare bottom.
I was thinking of a golden butterfly and a juv. queen angel... but I don't even
know for sure if they have goldens.:redface:
Hope to hear yea or nea!
Thanks Leah
________
vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

Skimmerking
10-23-2008, 02:03 PM
i take it that the fish are going to go to another tank after or is this your QT tank. doing many fish isnt a problem.
1st thing is if you have a large enough container to put the fish into while acclimatizing them. then you dont have to worry thinking did I add enough water to which one. its really easy. And remember to not put the same bag water back into the aquarium.

Leah
10-23-2008, 02:38 PM
hey!
It's just my quarantine tank, 33gal. I will move them to their new home
in a month. How many fish could I do safely I know size is a factor, ah
females he he. Of the fish I mean. But I am curious.
thanks, Leah
________
ZG1200A (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_ZG1200A)

Skimmerking
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Leah its going to depend on your QT tank, remember the average time in a QT is about 4-6 weeks depending on what you are acclimatizing. so a 33 gal is going to be not that big once you add say 3-5 fish in there

you can always make a QT take out of a 50 gal rubber maid tub. let me know and keep us informed of your process.

mike

rocketlily
10-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Sorry for posting this but I found this interesting "remember the average time in a QT is about 4-6 weeks depending on what you are acclimatizing".

If a person was setting up a tank now, and wanted to add a fish in a month, should they also be setting up the QT tank and buying the fish now and keeping him in QT for the next month.

Leah
10-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I did not know that you could do that, how, Iam interested. How do you put
a filter and skimmer on. I only have remora skimmers could I use that? What would you put in for them to hide? I guess it would be bare bottom?
thanks Leah
________
Honda VT800 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VT800)

Phanman
10-23-2008, 05:41 PM
You probably dont need a skimmer if its only for quarantine. Just do weekly water changes. Also PVC works well for fish to sleep in and hide.

Skimmerking
10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I did not know that you could do that, how, Iam interested. How do you put
a filter and skimmer on. I only have remora skimmers could I use that? What would you put in for them to hide? I guess it would be bare bottom?
thanks Leah

Ok Leah, yes you can do what ever you what is this hobby:mrgreen: well kinda of.LOL so people use a filter on the tub like a AC 500 or a penguin 440 something to feed the tub with air since you wont really get alot of that from straight water movement.
I know lot lots of people just do a water change every week instead of a skimmer. ITs fish remember they can take alot of poop to a point. and if you have a 50 gal tub and you do 5 -10gal water change that would be perfect. and it gives the fish the relax mode of not being watched all the time . especially when you have timid fish. Addign rock some guys like Doug who is a moderator on this board he used 4" PCV pipe so the fish can hide. easy too so if the time comes that you have to dose copper in the tank you arent throwing out the live rock. REMEMBER COPPER IN A QT TANK Is ok. in a reef tank ist bad. and if you have a QT tank and you use Copper in there you can't use that tank to QT corals if you had to it would kill the corals.
HTH mike

second person ROCKET LILY, if you have a tank going yes you can use that as your QT tank. what alot of people do is if they have their tank going and they are going to use their QT . what they will do is do a water change so that they can fill the smaller tank say a 20 gal as their QT and ened up putting that water of 20 gal from their TANK to the QT so then the tanks would be somewhat the same in levels to a point thou.

But you dont have a tank right? IME and IMO I would just get that tank going and run if for about 1month to get the cycle going and then test and then start off with your first fish. try to plan to always add your most aggressive fish last..

HTH for the both of you