PDA

View Full Version : What's with Edmonton stores?

rocketlily
10-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Just about everyday (well, maybe weekly) we see posts regarding the new shipments arriving in stores in Calgary and BC. I'm wondering why some of the stores in Edmonton don't do the same. I for one would rush down after I knew a new shipment came in and pick up something.

Kostas
10-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh I am with you on this one.

When ever I’m looking for a type of fish for my tank ( or coral ) they always tell me they had one last week but all gown now, I always feel like I miss out on what I want.

I’ve even had two stores in Edmonton ask for my # and told me they would call next time a shipment comes in, but to be honest I have never received a phone call, so if I am close by I always just drop in and see what they have --oh who am I kidding, I drive out of my way, I love taking a trip to the pet stores haha :lol:

[I shop at AI, blue world, and big Al’s (more so for products at big Al’s)]

noirsphynx
10-22-2008, 07:44 PM
I second that!!! I live just outside the city so it's hard for me to visit often enough to jump on any new stock and it sucks. I wish the ones with websites would update everything more frequently!!!!!!! If I knew when & what arrives I'd be in there in a heartbeat.
:mad:

xtreme
10-22-2008, 07:55 PM
What a coincidence, just as I was reading this thread my phone rang and it was one of my favorite LFS's telling me they had just rec'd a SPS shipment. Guess where i'm headed after work!

michika
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
What a coincidence, just as I was reading this thread my phone rang and it was one of my favorite LFS's telling me they had just rec'd a SPS shipment. Guess where i'm headed after work!

:lol:

I get phone calls/PMs too, and I really appreciate.

Tell the LFSs you are shopping at that you, as a customer, would be in a better position to purchase more goods more frequently if you were able to check stock or view a New & Noteworthy type page from home/work.

I think a lot of businesses rely on walk-in clients, and they believe that a lot of them will purchase more goods that way. Sadly though I think it works in reverse sometimes. People won't drive across the city or into town if they don't know if its going to be worth it.

rocketlily
10-22-2008, 08:12 PM
Nice of you people from Calgary to rub a little saltwater in our wounds.

michika
10-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I got more if you want some! :D

I'm not sure if you shop online, but there are a few online vendors who are good at getting back to you for particular wish-list items. Pm me if you want some names.

P.S. The corner pentagon tank = awesome. I love the design/layout of it!

noirsphynx
10-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I think a lot of businesses rely on walk-in clients, and they believe that a lot of them will purchase more goods that way. Sadly though I think it works in reverse sometimes. People won't drive across the city or into town if they don't know if its going to be worth it.

EXACTLY! I can't be driving in everyday just to see if something good came. I would end up giving the store more business if I knew what they had when it arrived.

Trigger Man
10-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I know in Calgary most of the LFS tend to get shipments on Thursdays for the most part, I would assume that Edmonton shipments would come on the same day. I tend to visit the lfs either late Thursday, or early Friday and seem to always see the new stuff. As well if you build a good relationship with a couple of your Lfs or even some of their employees you will be more likely to get a phone call when stuff comes in. I've got 2 of the lfs in Calgary that are very good at calling me when rare items come in, as well as special ordering me things. The key is to get to know the guys at your local fish store, because they hear all day about the items customers would have bought if they were instock, and then when they bring them in they get stuck with the item and the customer does not come in to pick it up.

mark
10-23-2008, 03:46 AM
I get an e-mail every once and a while from AI that new stock is in.

Aquattro
10-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Thank, I'll be visiting there tomorrow. This is actually a very good way to keep us all updated on new shipments in stores.

Actually, no it's not. We don't allow shipment announcements for non sponsors, sorry.

rocketlily
10-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Sorry, my bad :sad:

saltaddict
10-24-2008, 12:25 AM
signed in under wrong user.

fishoholic
10-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Actually, no it's not. We don't allow shipment announcements for non sponsors, sorry.

Sorry :redface: