PDA

View Full Version : Micro Bubbles

Chad
10-20-2008, 01:37 AM
ok, I need some help.. I cannot figure out why I am getting bubbles in my plumbing. Everything seems to be completely leak free, ie: no salt creep on any of my plumbing fittings.. but whenever a pump starts, I have an alternating closed loop, it always blasts massive bubbles into the tank. Plus on occasion a steady stream of bubbles will poor out of the outputs.. everything is under water.. I just don't see where the air is coming in from..

Anyone have a clue????

spoot
10-20-2008, 05:25 AM
The steady stream of bubbles could be from your skimmer. I had this problem too but now I have my skimmer output out of the water and facing up and almost negligible amout of bubbles in my tank.

Chad
10-20-2008, 06:14 AM
The steady stream of bubbles could be from your skimmer. I had this problem too but now I have my skimmer output out of the water and facing up and almost negligible amout of bubbles in my tank.

Definitely not the skimmer. It is in my sump and it is a low flow sump, no bubbles leave the sump.. so thats not an issue.. I has something to do with my CL setup.. Lots of 90 degree elbows, maybe the air just builds up?? I really don't get it.

surgeonfish
10-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Have you had this problem from the start? I see your tank is relatively new. I think most new tanks have this problem, but should only last a few days or weeks at most.
Shane

Chad
10-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Have you had this problem from the start? I see your tank is relatively new. I think most new tanks have this problem, but should only last a few days or weeks at most.
Shane

The problem has been from the get go. The CL has been running for a while, (before the tank was officially running).. So its been going for about 5+ months.. I have been trying to figure out the bubbles since then.

It seems like air is leaking in somewhere.. I just cannot imagine where. Would you not get salt creep even in the smallest of holes in your joints?