PDA

View Full Version : Mojano

inspector
10-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi all,

My tank has been taken over by mojano and I was wanting to know if there is any fish that eat mojano? I have done all other methods like killing them peeling them off but that seems to make it worse. I am thinking of breaking down the tank and doing rocks seperately but thats a big job. Any advice is welcome .
Thanks Paul

Starry
10-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Joe's juice is 'sposed to work.

Tailored Aquatics
10-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Aiptasia Destroyer works well against them. http://www.tailoredaquatics.com/index.html?a=0&d=47

Kostas
10-17-2008, 07:07 AM
Well some cooperband butterfly fish have been known to eat them, and I’ve heard peppermint shrimp will do the same (but its sooo rare – so maybe not the best choice, but you could try it if you want)

I bought 50lbs of live rock covered in manajoes because i read that cooperbands eat them (got the rock for very cheap and thought i would set up a smaller tank to put my cooperband in alone and see if he would eat them) now they would grow everywhere, on the glass..ect.. i have thousands of them in that small 30. and since i had so much i wasn't even able to tell if my cooperband eat any (i never saw him eat any) after a month I got him eating frozen food.

In other words good luck, act fast, they grow like crazy!!!! I’ve heard someone say they just picked them off one by one, and that worked. They do come off the rock easy.

I didn’t bother and just boiled the rock still curing it before I move it back in the main tank.

Skimmin
10-17-2008, 07:58 AM
I just set up a tank and in the past on other tanks I tried peppermint shrimp for cleanup but they didn't do anything. This time I didn't feed my tank.(not really an option unless you take your fish out and QT them while you don't feed the tank) But I put 5 shrimp into my tank where as last time I only put one, and this time they get together in a little 'gang' and go out to seek and destroy. Pretty neat to watch. I think when they're in a group its almost like they're competing with each other. My tank is Aptaisia free and no pesky mojanos either. I didn't have a lot of them but now I have none. It might be worth a try if you buy a group of them, put them in your tank and keep going about doing things the way you are already.(maybe you don't need to stop feeding the tank)

Just a thought,

inspector
10-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. I will attack them one at a time and hopefully be rid of them for good. I have had my lights off for a few days and some of them have detached and are floating in the overflow so i can net them out.

thanks again Paul