PDA

View Full Version : ZEOvit reefers best salt

karazy
10-15-2008, 03:34 AM
ok,so i've been hearing that this salt its top notch
and i think i want to use it for when i get my tank setup.
But i'm just wondering, do you have to be using the whole ZEOvit system to use this salt?and also, would it be worth it using this salt in a tank with no SPS?

Aquattro
10-15-2008, 03:47 AM
ok,so i've been hearing that this salt its top notch
and i think i want to use it for when i get my tank setup.
But i'm just wondering, do you have to be using the whole ZEOvit system to use this salt?and also, would it be worth it using this salt in a tank with no SPS?

You don't need to use the Zeo system, it's just salt. And it's a well balanced salt and would probably be good for any tank with corals.

karazy
10-15-2008, 03:54 AM
kool, thanx for the quick reply :)

Jaws
10-15-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm just curious what the Alk reading is on this salt out of the box? If you're running Zeovit then you're supposed to keep your alk lower, around 8, I hear.

Aquattro
10-15-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm just curious what the Alk reading is on this salt out of the box? If you're running Zeovit then you're supposed to keep your alk lower, around 8, I hear.

It's higher than 8. Refer to my thread on the salt to see what I said, I think it was around 11, which is where I want my alk

albert_dao
10-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Are you guys mixing the salt prior to adding water?

Aquattro
10-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Are you guys mixing the salt prior to adding water?

Mixing? As in the bag? Yes, I've dumped the bag into a bucket, which should mix it just fine.

Delphinus
10-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Man, I've never mixed the salt itself (for any salt). I just sort of trusted that the batch was homogeneous enough from the plant. I am reminded of those little green barrels you can get from Lee Valley for mixing cement that you put the cement and water in, and then roll it around your yard. We need one of those for our salt and we kick it around our basement floors and hope that the lid doesn't pop off in the meantime. :)