PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to share with those who care...

Whatigot
10-14-2008, 07:36 PM
got a HUGE deal on this itme this weekend...
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/cr-422p/Precision+Marine+Reverse+Flow+RFCa4+Calcium+Reacto r+Package.html

300 bucks even and a trip to aldergrove.
had 7 months use on it and came with 3 full media packages and a half tank of co2....

I never even wanted a ca reactor...lol
I'm just a sucker for a deal.

I tell my friends about this and they look at me like, you spent 300 bucks on some co2 for your aquarium?

haha..
little do they know that I am hoping this will pay for itself in sps growth....lol

christyf5
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
nice work, thats a sweet deal! :biggrin:

Whatigot
10-14-2008, 08:12 PM
I know...
How sad is it that I'm so stoked I have to post it here?...lol
I seriously cannot wait to see how it affects my coral growth.
Now I am going to upgrade my 150 de hqi's to either 250 de or 400 se and then I'm hoping I'm pretty much in the coral propogation business:biggrin:

I've also come to the realization after buying a 15 gallon rr fuge with stand and this ca reactor the my front foye is very small and even more inconvenient to work on these things in.

I realize now I HAVE to move my tank, too bad cuz it's been established for almost a year now and I'm going to ruin my scape that I toiled for hours over to do so and we all know the scape never looks the same as soon as you move 1 stupid rock or frag.

actually, I'm going to start another thread on an in house tank move and see what suggestions the experienced can offer....

JDigital
10-14-2008, 10:56 PM
That's a killer deal... I need something like that to pop up in calgary.. :biggrin: Except I am interested in the Deltec CA reactors.. haha

Canuckgod420
10-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I have the deltec pf501 and I'm telling you I'm not that impressed. I have a 72G bowfront and the reactor hardly keeps up with my CA and Alk demands.....twice a week I have to dose a 2 part just to keep my levels up.
I'm thimking of finding something a little bigger.

TheRealBigAL
10-15-2008, 02:21 AM
That reactor was a smokin deal buddy ! It looks brand new. Cant wait to see how you set your tank up when you move it. That is gunna be one hell of a day :lol: But I am done building my sump so I can come by and help you.

:mrgreen:Let the propagation begin!:mrgreen:

JDigital
10-15-2008, 03:04 AM
I have the deltec pf501 and I'm telling you I'm not that impressed. I have a 72G bowfront and the reactor hardly keeps up with my CA and Alk demands.....twice a week I have to dose a 2 part just to keep my levels up.
I'm thimking of finding something a little bigger.

Umm the 501 is rated up to 280G tanks... barely keeping up with a 72G doesn't sound right. :neutral:

Whatigot
10-15-2008, 01:52 PM
wasn't blaster having some issues with a deltec ca reactor too?

I'm still in the process of dialing in my reactor, so I can't form much of an opinion yet on this one.