PDA

View Full Version : Pulling a sump out

bullit67
10-13-2008, 07:39 PM
OK I have a conundrum I once my sump room is finnished and my new sump is set up I have too deal with the old 75 gallon sump under my stand. The problem is to get it in there I had to remove one of the supports off of the back of the stand ( I put it back once the sump was in place) So now the only way to remove it is to take it apart. I would leave it there but I want the room. I was woundering if it would be worth my time and effort to rebuild it once I get it out I have no use for it but some one else might be able too use it. Has anyone here ever attempted to reassemble a tank if so how did it turn out? how did you do it? what silicon did you use?

any help would be great
Doug

FitoPharmer
10-14-2008, 05:52 PM
yeah, taking the tank apart looks like your only choice if you want to leave the stand set up. however this is the thing about rebuilding the tank. most aquarium silicone does not recommend it use on anything bigger then a 20G unbraced. chances are you will destroy the bracing when removing it, and most people are unwilling to rebuild new bracing. iv never looked into ordering a new plastic brace, might be an idea. the glass is still perfectly good you can take it to a glass shop and get it cut down and make smaller tanks or sump baffles, ect.