PDA

View Full Version : Acro Crab - sure can hide

mark
10-13-2008, 05:30 AM
Got a nice piece of acro a couple of days ago. Though gave a real good look (scared of Red Bugs) when first got the coral, some how missed the crab until tonight.

Appears the type here (http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSheets/acrocrab.htm), smooth white with black band.

J.Lloy
10-13-2008, 05:53 PM
I did the same thing when I picked up an acro not to long ago. Lookeed in store and didn't see anything then saw it moving when mh when out. Then found one in the next acro I got a week after and this one was alot bigger, don't know how I missed it for so long.

Der_Iron_Chef
10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
It could be that it/they transferred to that acro from another in your tank. I've read of that happening.

MikeP
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah I have at least 4 in my tank. Two of them have moved into different colonies from the ones they came in on. But yes they do hide quite well. The last colony I bought had one that I saw in the store but upon investigation before placing it in the tank I found there were two living in that colony.

It could be that it/they transferred to that acro from another in your tank. I've read of that happening.