PDA

View Full Version : Help.....Cranky GSP

Barrett.Oliver
10-12-2008, 09:35 PM
I have two colonies of this stuff.
Over the last couple days it has completly closed up and refuses to open back up. My water parameters are fine(as they have been double tested to check for bunk tests)

Temp - 78.5
Sal - 1.025
pH - 8.0
trites - 0
trates - 0
amm - 0

Does anyone have some insight as to why they may have closed up? With the exception of a couple of sponges and minor detrius nothing I know about is harming them? I'm doing regular water changes weekly(10%), keeping an eye on all of the above parameters and everything else in the tank seems to be doing great. Thanks in advanced for any help anyone can provide.

Barrett

Trigger Man
10-12-2008, 09:38 PM
How are your Calcium and Alk parameters? Also I found more extension on mine with some good flow randomly hitting it.

Barrett.Oliver
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
440 for calcium, and 8 for Alk. does the Alk sound correct?
and I have about 1300 gph of flow in 30gal.

Trigger Man
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Calcium and Alk look good. Is there any fish possibly nipping at it? If not then you can try placing the colony in another spot in the tank. After the GSP closes it can take days to open back. I had one that didn't reopen for 5 days after I had purchased it from another reefer.

Barrett.Oliver
10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Sounds fair. I'll have to ask you or update you about it in a couple days time then.

Thanks again for your help

TheRealBigAL
10-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I have had GSP not open for a couple days. It will reopen don't worry. Gsp is very very hardy.

xtreme
10-13-2008, 01:43 AM
I have had GSP not open for a couple days. It will reopen don't worry. Gsp is very very hardy.

Ya I wouldn't worry to much. Mine had not opened up for the last 5 or 6 days then it was back open and looking fine today.