PDA

View Full Version : 65gal stand Help?!

kipsix
10-11-2008, 04:51 AM
K, here's the deal: (first not sure if I posted in the right section - sorry)

I just got my 65gal tank (yay) I've had the stand for a couple weeks looking sad all alone. I threw the tank on the stand plumbed up the overflow and return (albeit to no sump or return pump) and started filling the tank. I'm about half-way through filling it up and the stand does not look like it's taking well to the load?!

The stand is the generic pine stand that says it's rated for the the 40 gal breeder, 30 gal breeder, 50 gal and 65 gal. But the thing that strikes me as super odd is the tank sits on some horizontal wood NOT the vertical supports and the horizontal pieces seem to be stapled to the vertical pieces?! Long story short (sort of) is that the bottom of the horizontal pieces seem to be deflecting and separating....

I leveled the stand - so not the issue. The stand is on a concrete floor - so not the issue.

Here (I hope) are some crappy pics from my crappy camera.

FitoPharmer
10-12-2008, 12:12 AM
just remember if it looks like it barely holding on just half filled or totally filled with water, doesn't mean anything. testing my first homemade acrylic tank lulled me into that false sense of security. rocks and sand are more dense then water, hence if the stand looks like it can barely take a tank full of water, the rock and sand might be enough to kill it. it might be ok for the first week or two, but a few good vibrations and its commin' on down, and i don't mean to the price is right. :mrgreen: take it from me, if you think somethings not right, it probably is. where did you buy the stand? can you take it back and get something better?