PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to buy Coralife 250 Calcium Reactor

RuGlu6
10-11-2008, 02:53 AM
let me know if you have one for sale
Coralife 250 Calcium Reactor
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/details/creactor.php?product_ID=CR-C0250

slakker
10-11-2008, 06:09 AM
I have one, it took 4 months to get stable... if you're not set on this one, I'd recommend looking for other options as well. I originally thought, hey at that price I can buy 4 before I spend the same as the others... but the noise is driving me nuts! :) There's no way to bleed gases out of the chamber and the air/gas mixture gurgles... so the only way I've found to bleed it is to run if full on, and that'll drop your pH in the main tank... especially if you forget to turn it back down...

RuGlu6
10-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Oh..
Thanks for the info.
Do you think there is a way to modify,? say instal an air line with and bleed vlave?

slakker
10-11-2008, 07:26 AM
I think so. I used the pH probe hole on the top to monitor the pH in the reactor. But if I didn't, it may be possible to rig a ball valve to bleed the gases out. Aside from the noise and pain to bleed it, I really can't say it's bad unit, just not perfect.

Drock169
10-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Ive also got one, and I would say save up and buy a good one like a pm or a deltec.