PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get my overflowbox to fill and hold the siphon

Tigerarmy
10-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I can't seem to get my overflow box to hold it's siphon and kep flowing. Half way through the night it seems to stop. any ideas please?

Chin_Lee
10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
need more info ie - where is it located, how its it positioned etc. pics if possible.

Whatigot
10-10-2008, 03:57 PM
is this an external u tube variety or something else?

could be air bubbles if so...
more details for better help please.:biggrin:

The Codfather
10-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Best way to keep that syphon is with the aid of a vacuum pump, Tom produces one. Also watch the output of the pump, a difference in head pressure or water level will change the output of the feed pump.

Borderjumper
10-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Best way to keep that syphon is with the aid of a vacuum pump, Tom produces one. Also watch the output of the pump, a difference in head pressure or water level will change the output of the feed pump.

Sorry.. off topic, Codfather.. thats just the greatest name!:mrgreen:

aquatechy
10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi there,

You might have something stuck in your over flow, whcih causes sediments to accumalate until they block the pipe, which causes the whole setup to stop. They can then drool down to your sump, so by the time you get in there to clean it up, it all gone.

Try giving the inside of your overflow a nice cleaning, if you can pull your pipe, clean it out too. If it is still causing problems, it is probably not the overflow, but rather a pump or something. Does the tank keep filling after the overflow dies??

Tigerarmy
10-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Thanks guys, got the thing working.

mark
10-13-2008, 05:28 AM
read to add a small PH such as a MaxiJet and attached the venturi line to the top of the U-tube and just leave it running all the time. Pulls out any air and helps maintain the siphon

karazy
10-13-2008, 05:48 AM
im guessing this is an e-shopps overflow, and what im doing with mine is drilling a hole a little bit behind the peek of the U-tube and siliconing in some airline tubing connected to a aqua lifter pump