PDA

View Full Version : ordering equipment from premium aquatics (US)

spikehs
04-21-2003, 06:25 PM
I was looking at their site and they have a few items that i have been looking for that no canadian vendor carries, so i will be ordering from them once i get an email back from them. They have the genx series of submersible pumps where are supposed to be good, and are VERY cheap the genx4100 pumps 1085gph for $50(us) plus they have the won titanium heaters for a good price, i am getting one of the digitally controlled ones. So if anyone wants in let me know ASAP, as i'll be ordering probably tomorrow.

Bob I
04-21-2003, 07:47 PM
I would like a Pro Heat Won 200W Titanium heater. The non-digital is about $70.00 here in Canada. On the premium Aquatics site it is listed at $24.95

spikehs
04-21-2003, 07:50 PM
about $55can - but there will be some duty to tack on as well.....
oops thats the price for the 150w digital one, for the non digital one the closest they have is 200w which will be about $32canadian... keep in mind tho, according premiumaquatics.com they recommend a much lower wattage of heater cause they are more powerfull or something like that.

EDIT: here is what they recommend for heater sizes:

0-10 Gallon Tank - 50 watts
10-40 Gallon Tank - 100 watts
40-150 Gallon Tank - 200 watts
150-250 Gallon Tank - 300 watts
Over 250 Gallon Tank - 350 watts

Bob I
04-21-2003, 08:02 PM
about $55can -[quote] but there will be some duty to tack on as well.....

Remember Free Trade? There is usually no duty, but they will charge $5.00 for handling (they have to make money somehow now that they can't charge duty). They will also charge GST based on Canadian price. :evil:

spikehs
04-21-2003, 08:20 PM
I have placed my order, they will send it via US Air I believe, should take 4-10 and is the cheapest all around (including brokerage fee's he said). I told them not to send it out until the end of tomorrow to give everyone a chance to put there order in if they want to. If you are ordering the won heaters make sure to tell them that www.aquacave.com has them for cheaper. I gave them my shipping addy, and they should be sending out a tracking number which i will give out.

Son Of Skyline
04-21-2003, 08:22 PM
If the product is made in the U.S. there's no duty. If it's made in another country besides the U.S. or Canada there will be a duty. Usually around 5%. Watch out for extra shipping charges if shipping straight to Canada. Places like UPS rape you on "brokerage" fees. What I do is have everything shipped to a mailbox in Blaine WA, which saves alot in shipping charges and it also saves alot of time. Then I just pick it up there and decide whether I want to declare it or not coming back :wink: If you do then tax and duty may apply, but you'll still save on shipping.

Whoops...too late. You're not in BC anyway so this wouldn't really work in your case

about $55can -[quote] but there will be some duty to tack on as well.....

Remember Free Trade? There is usually no duty, but they will charge $5.00 for handling (they have to make money somehow now that they can't charge duty). They will also charge GST based on Canadian price. :evil:

Bob I
04-21-2003, 08:49 PM
I have placed my order, they will send it via US Air I believe, should take 4-10 and is the cheapest all around (including brokerage fee's he said). I told them not to send it out until the end of tomorrow to give everyone a chance to put there order in if they want to. If you are ordering the won heaters make sure to tell them that www.aquacave.com has them for cheaper. I gave them my shipping addy, and they should be sending out a tracking number which i will give out.

I just tried an order for fun, and the shipping came to $24.95, which is ridiculous. UPS, which I hate, is even higher.

spikehs
04-21-2003, 09:28 PM
yah they said UPS is a rippoff so they are doing it the regular us mail way or something like that.