PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium West info?

robbyville
04-21-2003, 05:35 PM
Can anyone tell me a little about Aquariums West?

I am looking to buy a new wood canopy and halide lighting. I have not been to their store yet but called and spoke with a gentleman named Kreeg. He seemed very knowledgeable and extremely pleasant. He let me know that they have a fellow who makes them custom canopies and then installs the lights. This is exactly what I am looking for and I'm too much of a turkey to do it myself and search for a suitable canopy.

I hope to drive down there on Wednesday and put down a deposit but was hoping for some feedback about their pricing, service, etc. I generally don't mind paying a little more for a great product and service, but I also like to be reasonable with that.

Thanks,

Rob

trilinearmipmap
04-21-2003, 05:46 PM
I have been to their store several times, unfortunately I waited around for a long time waiting for service and to ask some questions. I ended up going elsewhere.

Bryan
04-21-2003, 06:16 PM
They have been in business a long time, I find thee pries a bit on the high side, but I guess they have to pay for the rent for the downtown location. I think I know the fellow who you spoke to and he seems pleasant and has a decent knowledge of aquaria.

C-Hawks
04-21-2003, 11:22 PM
I too found there prices to signifcantly higher than those of J&L

robbyville
04-22-2003, 12:17 AM
It's not so much the prices that worry me. It's mostly that they offered the chance to build the whole canopy, lights, etc. I really don't want to do all of it myself!

I guess I'll stop in there and see what's up!

Thanks,

Rob