PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Tank

Powertec
10-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I am looking for the best place to get acrylic tank that will ship in canada.
Anywhere else besides edmonton as the place i keep calling cannot return my calls.

Thanks

The Codfather
10-09-2008, 03:37 AM
How handy are you? I built my own sump for a couple hundred, sounds expensive, but really quite easy if you have the time and patience. This also allows you to create the tank you really want. If i had to do it again, I would not have bought my acrylic tank i would have made it. If you consider, send me a message, i can give you a ton of ideas and tips, can also see if i can show pics of my set up.

Raf
10-09-2008, 04:12 AM
you mean ship TO Canada?

Tenecor will....

heyfredyourhat
10-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Careful with shipping. I had an acrylic tank shipped and arrived very broken.

rayfong
10-09-2008, 05:36 AM
Aquarium Designs deals with Tenecor, Enrique is his name. His store is only open for a few hours each day though. Website is aquariumdesigns.ca.
Other one is Marine Aquaria, he does both glass and acrylic I think. There was also one guy that I bought some flowerhorns from that built his own tanks out of plexiglass. I think he is building one for someone right now.

hillbillyreefer
10-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Build your own. Get the supplier to cut the pieces you need, haul them home stick them together. Working with acrylic that is precut is a snap.

midgetwaiter
10-09-2008, 06:53 AM
You should rethink acrylic unless you are doing something unusual, I just got rid of mine because it was such a pain to clean without causing scratches and hazing. Coraline LOVES acrylic and it's frustrating to remove.

Or you could have the one in my yard. :P

Raf
10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Where exactly is Sherwood Park?

Parker
10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Where exactly is Sherwood Park?

Suburb of Edmonton

Powertec
10-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the replies i will give marine aquaria a try.

untamed
10-09-2008, 08:36 PM
If you are serious about getting a REAL (ie...big) acrylic tank....then Envision in Oregon will ship to Canada. (I actually found it cheaper to rent a truck and drive to Oregon...but he would have shipped it if I wanted...)

Of course, if you aren't going BIG...then glass might be a better choice.