PDA

View Full Version : Mini Carpet 'nems

Keri
10-07-2008, 07:42 AM
I've only ever seen these advertised in the states, has anyone heard of them being available in Canada? (BC preferrably)

They seem to come in some pretty crazy colours ....

Chaloupa
10-07-2008, 08:18 AM
I've been looking for a while...with no luck...:sad:

Delphinus
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Ditto .. :neutral: I've heard of a couple people in Canada who have them by accident (ie., hitchhikers) but haven't seen any divisions come up for sale or trade yet ... oh well maybe one day.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I've seen little bright yellow carpets at King Ed's but not sure if those are dyed or natural.

Keri
10-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I've been looking for a while...with no luck...:sad:

Ditto .. :neutral: I've heard of a couple people in Canada who have them by accident (ie., hitchhikers) but haven't seen any divisions come up for sale or trade yet ... oh well maybe one day.

Sad!! Oh well, I'll keep looking, would anyone be interested if I ever find any?

I've seen little bright yellow carpets at King Ed's but not sure if those are dyed or natural.

Hmmm...yellow is nice but I want to make sure it's a mini, a big one would quickly take over my tank!! I'll ask them next time I'm in :)

Delphinus
10-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Yes please ! If you hear of any please let me know.

... as to the yellows, yellow still suggests to me "bleached gigantea". Mini carpets are Stichodactyla tapetum and tend to be really small like in the "couple inches max" sort of range.

Keri
10-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah...I LOVE the look of the big carpets but I can't fool myself into thinking I have the space to keep it when it turns into a big boy!

ElGuappo
10-07-2008, 09:19 PM
how big do thes "mini " carpets get i may be in.

Whatigot
10-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes please ! If you hear of any please let me know.

... as to the yellows, yellow still suggests to me "bleached gigantea". Mini carpets are Stichodactyla tapetum and tend to be really small like in the "couple inches max" sort of range.

delphinus already said how big:razz: