PDA

View Full Version : ich?

Pete
04-20-2003, 08:23 PM
i think my clown fish has it, it has white spots on it it has got alot smaller,and doesnt eat. i just bought RX.P and put it in the tank, but i have 12 other fish that are doing fine but i dont want them to get it and all die. would it be in my best interest to just take the clown fish out so no one else gets infected? and i think my cleaner wrassle when missing

Jack
04-20-2003, 10:37 PM
Maybe take that clown out and treat just him in a quaranteen tank. No sense in dosing your whole tank if others don't have it. Your call. I'm sure others on the board will give better advice. :lol:

Pete
04-20-2003, 11:12 PM
i dont have a spare tank

EmilyB
04-21-2003, 02:20 AM
Pete, the ich is in the tank already...removing the fish won't necessarily spare the others unfortunately. You may want to, however, just to avoid more cycles for the ich that are thriving on/in him. The other fish may have a higher immunity hopefully.

It's too bad you added pepper sauce to your tank. I hope things make out okay. I personally would get that crap out asap with several water changes over a period of time. Check you pH if you can.

Good nutrition and optimum water quality, and buying healthy fish is really the key to avoiding ich problems imo.

kgb
04-21-2003, 03:01 AM
hey guys ui have heard about garlics but i haver yet to have anyuone tell me what its required to do this ? crushed garlics or what

Quinn
04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
hey guys ui have heard about garlics but i haver yet to have anyuone tell me what its required to do this ? crushed garlics or what

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/parasitf.htm