PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay?

rocketlily
10-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I have been sold for $0.00 a used Aqua-Tech 20-40 Filter. This originally came as part of a complete package with a new tank. It was used for a few years in a Chiclid tank, and has been replaced with a Whisper filter. It was "sold" to me, as I broke my Nano Skimmer while cleaning it (always did hate it and not sorry I broke it). I will be using it on my 10 gal nano tank for the nano contest.

Now I must determine the fair market value. What would you pay for this filter, used and not including any filter cartridges?

Jason McK
10-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Doing a quick google it looks like it sells for $24 new
The problem is there is not much use for them in a reef system so it might be a tough sell

J

Keri
11-08-2008, 05:39 AM
The problem is there is not much use for them in a reef system so it might be a tough sell

J

I think she just wants to know so she can add it to the "budget" for the nano contest

I think if New it's only $24 and it's now a couple of years old with no cartridges I would say maybe $5 or tops $10 (or less)

marie
11-08-2008, 05:44 AM
what you should of done is handed them $1 and asked for a receipt

Marlin65
11-08-2008, 06:31 AM
I would say couple bucks best case.

Keri
11-08-2008, 07:12 AM

J

I think she just wants to know so she can add it to the "budget" for the nano contest

I think if New it's only $24 and it's now a couple of years old with no cartridges I would say maybe $5 or tops $10 (or less)

what you should of done is handed them $1 and asked for a receipt

I would say couple bucks best case.

see, this is why I don't go garage-saling, I can't barter, they see me coming a mile away! lol

rocketlily
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I finally gave him $2.00 and he gave me a receipt.