PDA

View Full Version : 12g Nano

blood_hound
10-02-2008, 04:16 AM
After a year and half of no saltwater tank in the house time to go back. Just got a 12 gallon jbj " thank's to Ron for a good deal" And starting it up today.

12 Gallon JBJ
10lbs or so of mix tonga and fiji "from my atleast 150lbs pile dug it up from storage a year and half dry "
1lb of fiji live rock bought today
and couple pounds of sand.

I hope i to start stocking it in a month or so.Still dont know what to put in it maybe lots of corals and maybe a fish or two.

PIcture coming soon.

gbeef
10-02-2008, 03:09 PM
There coming backkk...... i dunno how the bug always gets us. :(

AJ_77
10-04-2008, 05:23 PM
There coming backkk...... i dunno how the bug always gets us. :(
Hey Jackson, why so sad? (:() The bug is good, the bug reminds you of something integral to your being... ;)

If it's in your system to have a system, then it becomes a matter of allowing yourself a great hobby vs. a consuming obsession. Piece of cake.

Good to see you, BTW.

(and Bloodhound, let me know if some of that dry baserock might be for sale soon.)

gbeef
10-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Woops! forgot the simley face the other way!...:) hahaha after reading the last post i sound like a dick what i ment was the bug is a good thing. Also if the fish and the tanks dont get ya. A trip to this forum will!.. in a good way :)

blood_hound
10-07-2008, 02:55 AM
I'll say its always in my system even though I don't have a tank setup for awhile. I just hangaround fish store. LOL!
Alan if I decide to sell my dry rock your the first one to know but that a big if coz im having the urge to start up one of my big tank sitting in storage again . But for now I just sit back and relax and fill this nano up.
Here are some picture for the first week. I think tank is goin pretty good I've been seeing lots of life in live rock that I added tiny dusters and Tiny brittlestar. Planning to buy a testkit this comming weekend to know if Im having any cycle or not.

JDigital
10-07-2008, 03:07 AM
(and Bloodhound, let me know if some of that dry baserock might be for sale soon.)

You starting up a new tank these days?

blood_hound
10-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Ok got me self a test kit and test the water today water par. is good i think i dont have any cycle. So i put some fish food in and test it again after a few days.

JDigital
10-15-2008, 06:23 AM
More Pics!

TheMikey
10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't understand the fish food strategy exactly. You're purposely creating an ammonia spike and killing all your beneficial bacteria. If your parameters are good and you've got live rock that's cured, you shouldn't have to create a spike at all.

blood_hound
10-16-2008, 01:28 AM
I don't understand the fish food strategy exactly. You're purposely creating an ammonia spike and killing all your beneficial bacteria. If your parameters are good and you've got live rock that's cured, you shouldn't have to create a spike at all.

Well the fish food thing is to test how stable my water parameter b'coz im not sure how stable it is coz like what I said on my first post there is only 1pound of lr in this tank and the rest are base rock. Little fish food won't kill any beneficial bacteria, if there's enough beneficial bacteria no cycle or spike is gonna happen and if it result to a cycle good.

I'll be testing my water this weekend if it still good I'll be probably adding my first batch of cuc.

I'll post more pic once there is something to show than a tank w/ rocks and full of water.

blood_hound
10-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Bought my CUC today.

2 Blue legged hermit
3 turbo snails
3 cerith snails.

Making plans on what to put in the tank lots of zoa's ,rics and shrooms. so if anybody here in Calgary gots some for sale or willing to donate small corals frags to my lil project please PM me.