PDA

View Full Version : Found Amphipods for Sale, Anybody Want Any?

Beverly
04-18-2003, 04:53 PM
We found a source of Gammarus sp. which are the little tiny shrimp found in most reefs that don't have tiny shrimp predators. We're thinking of either going down to Calgary to get them or else shipping them up. Anybody interested in getting some of these guys?

For more information, here's the website where they're available. Look halfway down the page:

http://www.hiimpactaqua.com/Products/products.html

StirCrazy
04-18-2003, 05:19 PM
LOL, 10.95 for 10 aldults, damn just see if anyone with a refuge can pick ya 10 adults.. set up a tank that is all rubble rock and large crushed coral for a substrate and feed the tank with them in it.. in no time you will have tones.. don;t need any fancy lighting either.

Hmm I wonder if I could get 15.00 for 10 adults if I put the old

" :silly: BC Growen" after it

:grab:

Steve

Beverly
04-18-2003, 05:27 PM
LOL, 10.95 for 10 aldults, damn just see if anyone with a refuge can pick ya 10 adults..

Yeah, the price is pretttttty steep. Yours is a better idea.

Anyone with a refugium willing to part with some of their amphipods. Willing to pick up :smile:

Quinn
04-18-2003, 05:54 PM
i would be interested as soon as my tank is up and running, provided they reproduce as fast as you say. :smile:

EmilyB
04-19-2003, 01:22 AM
i would be interested as soon as my tank is up and running, provided they reproduce as fast as you say. :smile:

http://www.crazypics.de/smilies/frech058.gif

10 for $9.99 here....

Beverly
04-19-2003, 12:10 PM
[quote="EmilyB"}10 for $9.99 here....[/quote]

Geez, how soon some folks forget :eek:

DH drove to Red Deer a few years ago to meet and give EmilyB free caulerpa. And now she's charging for amphipods?!????

Must be something in that Calgary water .....

EmilyB
04-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Geez, how soon some folks forget :eek:

:lol: No kidding ! Caulerpa isn't worth a bouquet of flowers anymore either !! :mrgreen: