PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Down there Buy Amphipods from these Guys?

Beverly
04-18-2003, 04:39 PM
Am looking for a source of live food for the seahorses we're getting this coming week. Found the following website based in Calgary that sells Gammarus sp. (just what I'm looking for), found half way down the page:

http://www.hiimpactaqua.com/Products/products.html

Anyone know anything about this company? They don't have a phone number or address listed at their site.

Has anyone bought any of their Gammarus sp.? Anyone have any comments about them?

TIA.

Bob I
04-18-2003, 05:43 PM
I had not heard of them before. I do note they are unabashed Wai's fans, and UNTHAW things. IMO, neither one is a point in their favour. :silly:

Lofus
04-18-2003, 05:56 PM
I ran across these guys when searching for resources. The web page makes me thing that it is a home business run out of someone's basement.

If you decide to go with them, let me know how they work out.

Jim

Bob I
04-18-2003, 06:19 PM
I ran across these guys when searching for resources. The web page makes me thing that it is a home business run out of someone's basement.

I am actually thinking it might be a fellow by the name of Colby. He worked at both Pisces, and Big Al's. :idea:

Samw
04-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Am looking for a source of live food for the seahorses we're getting this coming week. Found the following website based in Calgary that sells Gammarus sp. (just what I'm looking for), found half way down the page:

http://www.hiimpactaqua.com/Products/products.html

TIA.

Looks like the Gammarus starter package contains 10 adults so its going to take you a long time to culture them into a regular source of food for your fishes. 10 amphipods for $10.95 isn't cheap.

TRS
04-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Good luck getting in contact with these guys. :rolleyes:
I have sent them a few emails over the last few months, but there has been no response.

Do they still have a business?

MitchM
04-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Beverly,
It's a guy in town here that does aquarium maintenance part-time. I've met and talked with him a couple of times. He has a fitness business as well, which I think is or used to be his main source of income.
Sorry, but I can't help you on the live food thing for your seahorses, other than suggest you get your own LARGE refugium going and train your seahorses to take frozen asap.

Bob, it's not Colby, this guy's name is Rob. Colby's the tall skinny guy that shows up on A-Channel every now and then, isn't he?

Mitch

Bob I
04-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Bob, it's not Colby, this guy's name is Rob. Colby's the tall skinny guy that shows up on A-Channel every now and then, isn't he?

Mitch

Tall, skinny for sure. Have not seen him on TV. I probably watch the wrong programs. :redface:

MitchM
04-21-2003, 08:58 PM
Update on the maintenence guy..... Danny hasn't seen or heard from him for the last 4 months.
Just disappeared......
dontcha love it when that happens...... :rolleyes:

Mitch

MitchM
04-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Tall, skinny for sure. Have not seen him on TV. I probably watch the wrong programs. :redface:

Yeah, Colby was on the "Big Breakfast" one morning (channel 8) comparing "how salt water fish are to fishkeeping is the same as Formula 1 cars are to auto racing".........."DUDE......"

:mrgreen:

Mitch