PDA

View Full Version : 24" Tek lights

Barrett.Oliver
10-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Does anyone have the 24" Tek light fixture on their 30gal tank? I am thinking of buying this fixture but I would like to know someone who has this light on the tank with the brackets provided.

The tank is 31.5" long if this helps anyone, and thanks for any kind of help that anyone can give me.

Barrett

Marlin65
10-01-2008, 05:10 AM
I have a tek on a 40 no brackets. What is it you want to know?

silverplanet
10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Here is my 30g with a 24" tek light. it is hung from the ceiling but you can get a idea of what it looks like.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee227/sirjehu/IMG_1382.jpg

Jason

Barrett.Oliver
10-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Sorry I should have been more specific, I'm actually wondering if the Tek lights will fit onto the tank properly with the brackets even though its 31.5" long? Obviously the lights are 24". But are the lights brackets going to fill many different length gaps on many different tanks? I'm just not wanting to spend the $400 on the light and brackets if they aren't going to fit.

In reality I'm sure they'll fit with the brackets, but I would like to talk to someone who knows they fit for a fact, perhaps even has a picture of this for me to see? Thanks for your help either way Marlin65, and silverplanet. I have a nack for being vague at times.

Diana
10-01-2008, 09:17 PM
From what I recall (I haven't personally set up a TEK light with brackets, I've only ever hung them), the brackets are not extendable, they fit firmly on the end of the fixture, so I guess they will only sit on the tank if it is the length of the fixture. That being said, you may be able to rig it somehow to fit.

There is a picture of them here:
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/sl-t5tlzbk/Sunlight+Supply+Tek+Light+T5+Tank+Bracket+Kit.html

Canadian
10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
The brackets don't come with the light - they're an additional purchase. Furthermore, no, the brackets will not extend to fit a 30" wide tank. At least not without some huge modifications. Your only real option would be to suspend it from the ceiling or create a hanging bracket that runs up behind the tank to hang the fixture from.