PDA

View Full Version : Long shot!

michika
10-01-2008, 03:08 AM
I have a gigas clam that is having some problems. Since I am moving the tank on Sunday, I would love to be able to QT it to save it some of the stress of the move. However I have packed my QT set up, and any set up it goes to it requires MH or T5 lights.

So what would you do; keep it in its current environment with a few hours of stress on Sunday, or risk moving it to QT in a new environment, then waiting for a few weeks before either returning it to the original tank or not.

Delphinus
10-01-2008, 05:05 AM
I'm not 100% sure about this. But my gut feeling is that two moves are twice as hard on them as one move. Unless spread out over probably many weeks to be sure. Like I said though, not really sure myself on that one. :neutral:

Do you have lights for your QT? I'm just wondering if you could set that up at the new place beforehand and move the clam into there while you're then able to take your time on the other tank move. If not what about just a bucket with an airstone and a heater for the few hours it might take?

Man what a dilemma. :(

Snappy
10-01-2008, 05:40 AM
For myself I would just move it on Sunday.

michika
10-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I do have some lighting, but it got packed like I said. Unfortunately I didn't think I would have to itemize every box, so I would have to go through 10 - 15 boxes marked FISH.

I'm leaning towards just moving it on Sunday. Maybe at the same time I will have found enough information to try and tie it.