PDA

View Full Version : White Film...

wally-2004
09-30-2008, 01:57 AM
How many of you with Nano Cubes get a white film on the top of your water and if you do not do you know how I could get rid of this.

I have a:

24 Gal Nano Cube
Oceanic Biocube skimmer (Just put in)
MH Lighting

That you all...

Lance
09-30-2008, 02:03 AM
How many of you with Nano Cubes get a white film on the top of your water and if you do not do you know how I could get rid of this.

I have a:

24 Gal Nano Cube
MH Lighting

That you all...

I'm guessing you don't have an overflow and sump. If not, that white film is organics.

Marlin65
09-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Small power head pointed at the surface.

rocketlily
09-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Do you think a surface skimmer attached to the HOB filter would help to take care of this?

Chad
09-30-2008, 05:47 PM
yes, a surface skimmer will help/eliminate the film

Snaz
10-05-2008, 10:06 PM

I have a:

24 Gal Nano Cube
MH Lighting

That you all...

If the overflow is similar to the Aquapod you may want to consider the "CD Case Mod". The over flow teeth are too long and water flows out but "under" the surface. The solution is to restrict the height of the teeth so water truely exits the tank from the surface.

I used a small piece of plastic from a CD case cut to size and held in place with a rubber band so I can remove as needed. Surface film was gone in about 40 minutes. Here is my thread at n-r.com when I had the same problem as you

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=169081&hl=