PDA

View Full Version : Tank dilemma

digital-audiophile
09-29-2008, 07:25 PM
So.....

We have decided it is time to tear out the carpet in the basement and refinish with laminate.. This brings on the trouble...

My 90 Gallon tank is in the basement and when it comes time for the installers to do the work the tank has to be torn down to open up the floor.

My only options as I see it:

1.) Take everything out and keep it in buckets for a day until the section of floor is finished and I can put the tank back up.

2.) Take everything out of the tank and find a babysitter to hold it for a few days so it's not a rush to get everything back together.

3.) Take down the tank and sell eveything in it

As sad as it sounds I am actually leaning towards option number three. I have been having issue with the tank - major algae, rtn/stn of corals etc etc.

Aquattro
09-29-2008, 07:46 PM
finish laminate up to edge of tank, keep enough around to finish it completely IF the tank ever moves...

Delphinus
09-29-2008, 07:53 PM
+1 on Brad's option#4...

MikeP
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
+2

Or I would make this a great reason to put up a bigger tank once the floor is done :)finish laminate up to edge of tank, keep enough around to finish it completely IF the tank ever moves...

Marlin65
09-29-2008, 10:44 PM
What about finish other side of the room and then move tank and finish remaining floor. That is if you have room somewhere else for your tank.
First idea is probably your best bet though.

Pescador
09-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Ditto on finishing up to the tank. If it's even possible with your old flooring.
After considering different flooring options for the fishroom to try and make it waterproof, it was cheaper to use laminate and replace it if there was any water damage.
But for a bargain laminate I'm pretty impressed how it is standing up to water around the tank. We just saved a couple bundles to finish it if we move.