PDA

View Full Version : Any Reef Keeper Elite owners out there?

Stones
09-28-2008, 02:48 AM
I've been contemplating a controller for my tank for sometime now and by far the best bang for your buck is the RKE. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with them yet. Apparently, all of the bugs were supposed to have been fixed with the latest firmware released but that is according to digital aquatics. I'd like to hear from reefers actually using the product that everything is working up to par. Thanks.

Chin_Lee
09-28-2008, 04:23 AM
mines been sitting in their boxes for the past 3 months - no time to put it together. hehe
one day i'll find the time

fencer
09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Hey Chin

Keep me in mind when you want to sell it :)

michika
09-28-2008, 01:55 PM
I have one. I JUST updated the controller with the latest firmware, so I can't confirm anything yet. So far I've been pleased with it, my particular bugs aside. The customer services at DA has been phenomenal.

slakker
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Is the ethernet module working/devloped yet? One thing I really like about the Neptune AC3 is the web access. I was in Seattle on a conference when my wife called to let me know one of the halides blew, and the ballast was humming up a storm, I was able to log in and shut it off remotely.

It also gave me a scare earlier this week, when it emailed me an alarm for a temp of 122!!! It was good the alarm was working, but it was a failed temp probe that caused it, so no dead fish when I rushed home.

michika
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Nope, not yet, but I hear they are working on it. Then again I did hear that second hand, so I can't confirm it.

Stones
09-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Keep us posted Michika as to whether or not the latest firmware fixed your problems. What all problems were you having with your RKE?

michika
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Initial problems were that the enter button and the up and down arrows were freezing/not -responding. We did all the updates and everything we could. DA concluded faulty hardware in the headunit.

This one the problem is that we can't set the time. You can go in, save the time, but when you go back to check it, your changes didn't save. Sent them an email this morning about it.

Aside from those two problems the unit ran well. It logged parameters, and turned things on and off as it should have. I ran/am running a chiller, ozonizer, skimmer, and return pump. I am not running my lighting on the RKE at this time as initially there were a lot of problems associated with the RKE and MH lighting.

jasond
09-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Not to highjack your thread, but I ordered the Profilux beginner pack last week, should be getting it this week, I cant wait! The RKE sounds awesome, but I ended up chosing the proflilux when I narrowed everything down. So far customer service has been great in answering all my Q's.

Good luck, let us know what you pick and how it works!

Jason