PDA

View Full Version : Prices - discussion thread!

michika
09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Alright, so for everyone who wants to discuss prices this is the thread for you. I will, once we've decided on some price points, ask Christy very nicely if she will post a sticky thread.

Originally I had suggested something along the lines of the following and we had some mixed reviews. So this is your chance to say something.

e.g.
-$5 small colony of regular zoas, under 15 heads
-$10 small colony of special rare zoas, or regular zoos that are 15-50 heads.
-$10 small SPS frag, under 2"
-$15 SPS frag from 2"-5"
-$20 SPS from 5"-15"
-$30 small clam, under 3.5"
-$15 small softie, e.g. leather, xenia
-$20 large softie
-$15 small LPS, e.g. hammer
-$20 large LPS
- ? specialty items, aussie acans, suncorals, dendros, etc.

I think a basic list for non-specialty things will make the process a lot simpler.

1) Do we still want to go with a basic list?
2) Prices should stay here, go up, go down?
3) What else should be on the basic list?

Once we have an idea of the basic list I'll be able to better reply to the PMs I've gotten about pricing.

JDigital
09-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Catherine,

I was thinking we should stick to the "fair market value" guideline. I think this should stay as close to the $300 out of pocket as possible. It's very likely that some people do have rare corals in other tank systems they could frag that are worth much much more than our list prices above, and then only have to deduct $10-20 bucks for a $100+ piece. I do think the list gives a good way to stock the tank cheaply (based on the what you deduct from the budget) but the true out of pocket would be much higher for someone who doesn't have the same access to rare pieces (ie: fragging another tank, etc)

I think if we use the Canreef B&S Livestock and J&L for "fair market value" it will save you time from replying to a stock pile of PM's and make it easy for people to reference. If a price can't be determined, then the member can contact you.

Just kinda what I have been mulling over since this topic arose. :)

Let the discussion continue!! :mrgreen:

rocketlily
09-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Here's some of the FS prices I just got from various threads on Canreef. Michika seems to be very close in pricing:

1 bright green M. digitata (smaller) - $20
1 purple with bright orange polyps SPS (encrusting monti, I think) - $20
Bright orange florida ricordia x 2 - $20
mushroom- $5
buttons - $20
yuma - $20
multi color ricordia - $20
neon green star polp frags - 10 bucks each
kenya frags - 5 bucks
stons of anthelia/waving pom pom polyps $10.00 per frag
yellow polyps $10 per frag
small frogspawns - 10 bucks
30 yellow polyps- $20
pink anthelia- 3x5 inch attached $20
Rasta Leather frag $10
GSP colonies $10 each
#1 Ricordea $20dlls
#2 Green Zoas $20dlls
#5 Zoas $15dlls (about 20 polyps)
#6 Yellow Polyps and Green-Orange Zoanthids $10dlls
#7 Yellow polyps and Blue-Red Zoanthids $10dlls

ElGuappo
09-25-2008, 08:21 PM
think the list is decent sofar but i dont undertand the last 5 items? what are the numbers for?

Things like torches and frogspawn should be 10 a head which is 5 less than most shops.

rocketlily
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM
They were item #'s that I copied off a thread

ElGuappo
09-27-2008, 02:39 AM
They were item #'s that I copied off a thread

makes sense. :lol:

noirsphynx
09-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Curious how much of the budget a large cabbage leather & Blue Sea Fan would take?

noirsphynx
09-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Curious how much of the budget a large cabbage leather & Blue Sea Fan would take?

Never mind about the leather, I missed it the first time I looked, $20 right?

noirsphynx
09-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Also have a question about the mushrooms. Is the $5 per head?

rocketlily
09-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Please don't take the prices I posted as the "price list" for the Nano contest. These were just some prices I found on the Buy and Sell threads and I posted them as part of the discussion thread.

michika
09-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Can you post a photo, or send me the link to one? Some approximate dimensions as well too if you can please.

noirsphynx
09-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Can you post a photo, or send me the link to one? Some approximate dimensions as well too if you can please.

Blue Sea Fan is about 3"-4" wide by about 4" tall
Large Cabbage Leather is about 6" wide

Also, Sexy Shrimp aren't listed on J&L where should I get a price for them?

michika
09-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Pretty fan!

Shrimp - per Live Aquaria; $9.99 (http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+1135&pcatid=1135)
Fan - per LA; ~$30 (http://liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=597+601) for 6"-12". So since yours is about 3-4" and 4" tall I am guessing $20.

noirsphynx
09-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Pretty fan!

Shrimp - per Live Aquaria; $9.99 (http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+1135&pcatid=1135)
Fan - per LA; ~$30 (http://liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=597+601) for 6"-12". So since yours is about 3-4" and 4" tall I am guessing $20.

Thanks, I forgot we were suppossed to compare on LA.

rocketlily
10-05-2008, 02:39 AM
It seems to me that the prices on corals and fish have been decided on for this contest. I think all is fair. I would like however, to get clarification on equipment. Here's some assumptions I am making. Can you tell me if these are true or I am mistaken on some things.

1. New equipment purchased - deduct purchase price.
2. Used equipment you have at home, previously purchased- 75% of J&L's new price.
3. Used/new equipment you have at home, received for free - free
4. Used equipment given to you at no charge- fair market value of this used piece of equipment.
5. Used equipment purchased at a very good price - price you paid
6. Shop supplies and/or scrap with no value from work ???

Just trying to get all the rules straight.

JDigital
10-05-2008, 03:27 AM
It seems to me that the prices on corals and fish have been decided on for this contest. I think all is fair. I would like however, to get clarification on equipment. Here's some assumptions I am making. Can you tell me if these are true or I am mistaken on some things.

1. New equipment purchased - deduct purchase price.
2. Used equipment you have at home, previously purchased- 75% of J&L's new price.
3. Used/new equipment you have at home, received for free - free
4. Used equipment given to you at no charge- fair market value of this used piece of equipment.
5. Used equipment purchased at a very good price - price you paid
6. Shop supplies and/or scrap with no value from work ???

Just trying to get all the rules straight.

Number 3 is same as number 2.. 75% of J&L's. Otherwise, rest is correct...
#6 building supplies are free.

michika
10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Something is happening to my subscription and I am not getting notificiation for updates to this thread. Sorry everyone. I'll check it manually a couple times a day now instead.

ElGuappo
10-19-2008, 05:43 PM
So have we figured out a value yet for things such as rics, mushrooms etc?
these would be per polyop? i have some rics i got from wicked a while ago and would like to use 1-3 of these just wondering if i pay the listed price or if i get a discount for used. 1 ric is huge and i would be wiling to pay full price on that one. but he rest are splts that are not as big as the frags i received yet.(close)

Could we use any listed vender on this site and take 25% off ?

michika
10-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Since we have opted to base most of our prices of JL prices, or LiveAquaria.com. Take a look there and see what you find.

JDigital, are we offering 75% on "used" livegoods?

Ryan_Lap
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Really whats a used "live good" ? lol

ElGuappo
10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
i was told earlier we could use "used" ls.

Ryan_Lap
10-20-2008, 12:43 AM
So buying livestock from a vendor makes it "new", but from someone else its "used"?

ElGuappo
10-20-2008, 12:45 AM
no just using something you may already have.

michika
10-20-2008, 12:53 AM
"Used" being anything not coming directly from a vendor. So coming from your own tank, someone else's, etc.

rocketlily
10-20-2008, 03:44 AM
I also have a question about rics and mushrooms. The LiveAquaria package of 7 mushrooms/rics contain both. What do you think the value of one mushroom or a rock with 4-5 mushrooms?

JDigital
10-20-2008, 03:51 AM
The 75% thing was for hardware only

Livestock pricing was to be based on the J&L or LiveAquaria prices.

This has been in the Rules/Guidelines since the beginning as well.

ADDENDUM A:
Calculating "cost" for livestock/coral that was free (fragged from an existing tank, etc), received in trade, or purchased at wholesale prices, etc.
-Items received free-- an amount will be deducted from your budget equivalent to what that livestock/coral would commonly be sold for in Livestock Classified Forum of Canreef.com or J&L Aquatics if it can not be found in the Buy/Sell Section. If you can not determine a "fair market value" please PM michika or JDigital a pic, along with common name, and we will do our best to give you a "price".
If you don't feel this is satisfactory, you would probably be better off not competing in this contest.
-Items received in trade - Same as above.
-Items purchased at wholesale prices - Same as above.
-Items on which you scored a "good deal"- If you can provide proof of the price you got, cost will be figured at the actual price you paid. If it was a transaction with a private individual, have them hand-write you a receipt, scan it, and post it on your thread.

sphelps
10-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Question :biggrin:

If a piece of livestock were to parish or perhaps just removed because of compatibility issues or some other reason can the cost of that piece of livestock be deducted from the budget?

Also same deal with equipment, if something needs to be replaced or removed can it's cost be deducted from the budget?

AndyL
10-27-2008, 02:11 PM
I would hope with equipment we would be able to work around problems. After all we're all relying on notorious heaters (I don't think i've heard of a single >100w with a stellar reputation for reliability). And most of us are cutting corners to make the budget work... However there's something to be said for warranty replacement vs upgrading - maybe a 'restocking fee'?

Livestock is a damn good question though, no clue where to go with that one...

sphelps
10-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Not to jump the gun here but I would hope that as long as by the end of six months all that matters is that the tank as is, is within budget. After all people who broke tanks didn't count them so... And if you feel livestock shouldn't work the same and someones tank were to crash or something similar they would have no choice but to drop out.

I'm also inquiring because to be honest I've only recently become aware of the whole theme thing and I'm considering removing all livestock and starting over (just livestock though).

AndyL
10-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Steve,

I'm not arguing with ya; in fact we share the same point of view, however I'm trying to look at it in terms of the other contestants... I'd love to know that I might be able to toss that mag3 out for an OR3500 - however I'm sure other contestants would be quite upset if I went down that road, especially when the OR's by liveaquaria are cheaper than my used mag3...

Andy

michika
10-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I would say that if you have something and it dies, then unfortunately it must stay deducted from you budget. However, if you sell something, or trade it, you probably should be able to add to your budget, or have no impact on your budget. Again, JDigital gets final say, as its his contest.

A tank crash is a different story though, and I don't really know how to consider it. I do know that in the nano-reef contest, those that suffered a crash, were considered to have "dropped-out" in the sense that they could no longer compete for the prize, but they could still continue to participate in all other senses.

rocketlily
10-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Quote "I'm also inquiring because to be honest I've only recently become aware of the whole theme thing and I'm considering removing all livestock and starting over (just livestock though)."

So early in the game and with changes up in the air, what harm is there in pulling what you've put in and replacing it with something different.

The theme thing was announced on Oct 14th. Really, you should log on and check Canreef a little more often.

JDigital
10-27-2008, 05:25 PM
I would say that if you have something and it dies, then unfortunately it must stay deducted from you budget. However, if you sell something, or trade it, you probably should be able to add to your budget, or have no impact on your budget. Again, JDigital gets final say, as its his contest.

A tank crash is a different story though, and I don't really know how to consider it. I do know that in the nano-reef contest, those that suffered a crash, were considered to have "dropped-out" in the sense that they could no longer compete for the prize, but they could still continue to participate in all other senses.

That's pretty much how I feel about it..

If a piece of your livestock dies, my condolences :lol:, but you have to keep it deducted from the your budget, whether it dies of natural reasons, or you stocked your tank wrong and it gets killed, etc etc.. If you trade a coral or want to remove one (or more) that's fine you can recoup the cost of that coral.

As for tank crashes, let's hope no one has one, first of all. :smile:

I think how Nano-reef dealed with tank crashes was that if it crashed, and you were not able to get it back up and running by the next monthly update (15th of Every month for us) then by the rules, those people are out of the contest.

I don't know how you guys want to work this, I'm open to suggestions, just keep em simple. :mrgreen:

AndyL
10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Personally, I think if sphelps wants to swap out his whole livestock at this point - fair game; first mandated FTS is Nov 15th... As that date hasn't arrived as of yet - anything he's provided us is just gravy for our enjoyment...

I see no reason why he can't do a complete livestock rework without penalty.

sphelps
10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Steve,

I'm not arguing with ya; in fact we share the same point of view, however I'm trying to look at it in terms of the other contestants... I'd love to know that I might be able to toss that mag3 out for an OR3500 - however I'm sure other contestants would be quite upset if I went down that road, especially when the OR's by liveaquaria are cheaper than my used mag3...

Andy

Wasn't arguing with you either :biggrin:

sphelps
10-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I agree with the livestock death thing but unfortunately a person could just replace the item anyway so does that really even work? But that's cool we can keep it like that, I know it's all honor system.

So removing coral and deducting from budget is OK then, provided they are alive? Even after NOV 15th? I'm just concerned some corals may cause problems and may need to be removed and I'm wondering if I can gamble or should play it safe. Also if something did die the person could not only just replace the item they could simply say they removed or traded it.

I'm sorry I missed the theme thing, I have been checking Canreef all the time as I'm sure most of you can tell. That thread just slipped through the cracks, I was seriously wondering what the heck was with all these tank names, lol. And although I'm not sure on a theme yet I would really like to do one.

JDigital
10-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Yea, I personally don't see anything wrong with removing coral granted it is alive and well. Even after Nov 15th.. I personally don't think I will have anything in the tank other than maybe a couple snails and crabs by the 15th.. LOL

I was thinking that there should be a "Lockout" point later in the contest (2nd to last month) where nothing can be removed (unless it dies) but that would be a change in the rules yet again.

sphelps
10-27-2008, 06:23 PM
but that would be a change in the rules yet again.
Yeah lets not do that again! Rome wasn't built in a day people.

sphelps
10-28-2008, 03:43 AM
So a question regarding some livestock pricing. LPS corals are listed as $20 for large and $15 for small. So would this apply for lobos, open brains, torch corals, hammer corals, and favites? And what's small and what's large? I want to tread lightly the second time around and avoid any disputes, if possible.

Also what would a single polyp of dendro run for?

Thanks

JDigital
10-28-2008, 05:49 AM
So a question regarding some livestock pricing. LPS corals are listed as $20 for large and $15 for small. So would this apply for lobos, open brains, torch corals, hammer corals, and favites? And what's small and what's large? I want to tread lightly the second time around and avoid any disputes, if possible.

Also what would a single polyp of dendro run for?

Thanks

For stuff like hammer, torch, frogspawn.. stuff will long polyps that reach out:
Small <3"
Large >3"

For things like Brains, lobos, plate-ish stuff:
Small 1.5-2.5"
Large is 3"+

As for Dendro, its not on either JL or LA, so I found it elsewhere for $15-30 per polyp... so for our purposes... $7/polyp 50% off. :)

sphelps
10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks!

For the size thing just to be safe is the measurement referring to the skeleton size? Or when it's fully expanded. Only reason I ask is sometimes you can buy an open brain, torch coral or other LPS coral at a small size and they can easily expand to twice their size in a few days, the only thing constant is the skeleton, so I'm assuming that's what we should be measuring?

ElGuappo
10-28-2008, 05:59 PM
IMO for things like torches ETC it should be per head. this is how they are sold. and i have one with 6 legs on the skeleton but only 3 of the legs have coral. it does however have about 12 heads. but again it comes down to honor as without being able to veiw it close up it would look like 3 heads in a pick. im not using this piece as i just took it out of my other 10 as its sweepers could reach almost 3/4 the way accross the tank.

JDigital
10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
IMO for things like torches ETC it should be per head. this is how they are sold. and i have one with 6 legs on the skeleton but only 3 of the legs have coral. it does however have about 12 heads. but again it comes down to honor as without being able to veiw it close up it would look like 3 heads in a pick. im not using this piece as i just took it out of my other 10 as its sweepers could reach almost 3/4 the way accross the tank.

JL and LA both sell them by size according to their websites. JL Aquautics (http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=c-itrchgs)

Since we are using them for alot of pricing, might as well measure them as such.

sphelps
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
So are we to measure estimated full expanded size then or just skeleton? I'm good with any method just want to know which one to follow.

With torch, frogspawn, and hammer per head is fine but not all of these corals are branching style you can also get ones that grow from a single head.

JDigital
10-28-2008, 07:05 PM
So, I did a bit of work, and put together a fairly good price list. I know I am missing things, but this should cover most of the common stuff.

If you have something that isn't on the list, post or PM and I will get it priced and added to the list.

Here is what I got so far.

Zoas:
- $5 Zoas (>15 heads)
- $10 Zoa Colony (>15 heads)
GSP Frags (Sizes based on mat width)
- $10 < 1.5"
- $15 2"-4"
- $20 4"+
Ricordia/Yumas
- $5 Smaller than a Toonie
- $10 Larger than a Toonie
Mushrooms/Metalic Mushrooms
- $5 < 1"
- $10 1.5"-2.5"
- $15 3"+
SPS Frags (Acro, Mille, Digi, Birdsnest, Monti.. etc)
- $10 < 2"
- $15 2"-5"
- $20 5"-15"
Clams (All species, Sizes based on length, not width)
- $20 < 2"
- $30 2.5"-3.5"
- $45 4"+
Hammer, torch, frogspawn, Bubble coral.. stuff will long polyps that reach out:
- $15 Small <3" (Skeleton @ Widest part)
- $20 Large >3" (Skeleton @ widest part)
For things like Brains, lobos, favites, plate-ish stuff:
- $15 Small 1.5-2.5"
- $20Large is 3"+
Duncans:
-$10/single head
-$20/double head
-$30/triple head
Dendros
- $10/polyp
Suncoral:
- Yellow (tube coral): $15 small (<2"), $20 large (>2")
- Black (tube coral): $20 small (<2"), $25 large (>2")

rocketlily
10-28-2008, 07:25 PM
This price list is a good thing. Too bad it wasn't done before the contest started. I have based the prices of my tank on the first post, as well as emails with you and Michika.

I am now sitting at:

Prices on first post: $237.89
Added last night: Used Korilia Nano Powerhead $26.21
Added last night: 4 Blue Mushrooms $20.00
Added last night: Small Devil's Hand $15.00

Total Tank as of last night $299.10

Added today because of price increases $45.00

Total Tank as of today $344.10

Looks like I'm over, so I guess I'm disqualified.

JDigital
10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
This price list is a good thing. Too bad it wasn't done before the contest started. I have based the prices of my tank on the first post, as well as emails with you and Michika.

I am now sitting at:

Prices on first post: $237.89
Added last night: Used Korilia Nano Powerhead $26.21
Added last night: 4 Blue Mushrooms $20.00
Added last night: Small Devil's Hand $15.00

Total Tank as of last night $299.10

Added today because of price increases $45.00

Total Tank as of today $344.10

You're not DQ'd... LOL

Where were your increases?

sphelps
10-28-2008, 07:35 PM

Well what changed, it's looks pretty much the same just more detail. Once thing that can't happen now is any price increases. rocketlily, what changed to increase your budget?

Also Dendros and Duncuns should probably be the same price ($10 per polyp), and suncorals should be much less and probably per colony with similar pricing to other LPS.

JDigital
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Also Dendros and Duncuns should probably be the same price ($10 per polyp), and suncorals should be much less and probably per colony with similar pricing to other LPS.

Fair enough, that stuff is kinda out of my coral knowledge :)

Recommended Suncoral prices?

sphelps
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Should we eliminate the rare zoo pricing and just have zoo pricing? I'm just thinking to keep it simple as there are other rare corals other than zoos and people may have different opinions on what exactly is considered rare. Or keep it as is, just asking :biggrin:

I know this is probably a little frustrating for some and obviously it would have been better to have everything 100% at the start but since this is the first contest we should all bare with JDigital (including myself) and accept the fact that we're all learning here as we go and somethings may change but only in the spirit of helping everyone in the contest. Thanks JDigital for putting up with all this and especially me, I would have quit a long time ago :lol:

Yellow Suncoral (tube coral): $15 small (<2"), $20 large (>2")
Black Suncoral (tube coral): $20 small (<2"), $25 large (>2")

rocketlily
10-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Prices from 1st post:
Quote "$10 small colony of special rare zoas, or regular zoos that are 15-50 heads"

Pricing on my thread as of last night:
Quote "9 med zoanthids (15 - 25 heads) @ $10.00 each $ 90.00 (transferred from 50 gal tank)"

Pricing on today's thread:
Quote: "- $15 Zoa Colony (>15 heads)"

Pricing of my tank as of this afternoon has increased by $45.00. This $45.00 increase has put me over $44.10.

JDigital
10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Should we eliminate the rare zoo pricing and just have zoo pricing? I'm just thinking to keep it simple as there are other rare corals other than zoos and people may have different opinions on what exactly is considered rare. Or keep it as is, just asking :biggrin:

I know this is probably a little frustrating for some and obviously it would have been better to have everything 100% at the start but since this is the first contest we should all bare with JDigital (including myself) and accept the fact that we're all learning here as we go and somethings may change but only in the spirit of helping everyone in the contest. Thanks JDigital for putting up with all this and especially me, I would have quit a long time ago :lol:

Yellow Suncoral (tube coral): $15 small (<2"), $20 large (>2")
Black Suncoral (tube coral): $20 small (<2"), $25 large (>2")

Hahah! I won't be organizing the next one.. :lol:

Sounds good on the Zoos as long as we can all agree that is the best plan. Would make my life easier. :mrgreen:

Suncoral Pricing added.

JDigital
10-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Prices from 1st post:
Quote "$10 small colony of special rare zoas, or regular zoos that are 15-50 heads"

Pricing on my thread as of last night:
Quote "9 med zoanthids (15 - 25 heads) @ $10.00 each $ 90.00 (transferred from 50 gal tank)"

Pricing on today's thread:
Quote: "- $15 Zoa Colony (>15 heads)"

Pricing of my tank as of this afternoon has increased by $45.00. This $45.00 increase has put me over $44.10.

Prices reverted to Original. :)

Chaloupa
10-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Prices reverted to Original. :)

Good.....I think that's fair as we all have been going by that .... and then to change it meaning someone is DQ'd isn't fair......looking forward to the Nov 15 pics!

JDigital
10-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Good.....I think that's fair as we all have been going by that .... and then to change it meaning someone is DQ'd isn't fair......looking forward to the Nov 15 pics!

No one was DQ'd... and the zoas were the only thing that I changed. My mistake.

Just trying to provide a detailed price list for everyone to use, and at the time there was a regular and rare zoas to price accordingly... Now that they are the same price, there shouldn't be any issues.

noirsphynx
10-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I bought a baby ricordia from a LFS for $9.99. Is it safe to assume I can add one of my baby Rics for that price as well?

JDigital
10-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I bought a baby ricordia from a LFS for $9.99. Is it safe to assume I can add one of my baby Rics for that price as well?

Ricordia/Yumas

noirsphynx
10-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry, I have no idea how I missed that, thanks.

noirsphynx
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Am I the only one getting confused here? I'm constantly having to shuffle through this thread to find prices on corals. Is there anyway a sticky can be made at the first of the post where the concrete prices will be so we're not having to dig?

ElGuappo
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
STICKY THiS:mrgreen:

Alright, so for everyone who wants to discuss prices this is the thread for you. I will, once we've decided on some price points, ask Christy very nicely if she will post a sticky thread.

Originally I had suggested something along the lines of the following and we had some mixed reviews. So this is your chance to say something.

e.g.
-$5 small colony of regular zoas, under 15 heads
-$10 small colony of special rare zoas, or regular zoos that are 15-50 heads.
-$10 small SPS frag, under 2"
-$15 SPS frag from 2"-5"
-$20 SPS from 5"-15"
-$30 small clam, under 3.5"
-$15 small softie, e.g. leather, xenia
-$20 large softie
-$15 small LPS, e.g. hammer
-$20 large LPS
- ? specialty items, aussie acans, suncorals, dendros, etc.

I think a basic list for non-specialty things will make the process a lot simpler.

1) Do we still want to go with a basic list?
2) Prices should stay here, go up, go down?
3) What else should be on the basic list?

Once we have an idea of the basic list I'll be able to better reply to the PMs I've gotten about pricing.

So, I did a bit of work, and put together a fairly good price list. I know I am missing things, but this should cover most of the common stuff.

If you have something that isn't on the list, post or PM and I will get it priced and added to the list.

Here is what I got so far.

Zoas:
- $5 Zoas (>15 heads)
- $10 Zoa Colony (>15 heads)
GSP Frags (Sizes based on mat width)
- $10 < 1.5"
- $15 2"-4"
- $20 4"+
Ricordia/Yumas
Mushrooms/Metalic Mushrooms
- $5 < 1"
- $10 1.5"-2.5"
- $15 3"+
SPS Frags (Acro, Mille, Digi, Birdsnest, Monti.. etc)
- $10 < 2"
- $15 2"-5"
- $20 5"-15"
Clams (All species, Sizes based on length, not width)
- $20 < 2"
- $30 2.5"-3.5"
- $45 4"+
Hammer, torch, frogspawn, Bubble coral.. stuff will long polyps that reach out:
- $15 Small <3" (Skeleton @ Widest part)
- $20 Large >3" (Skeleton @ widest part)
For things like Brains, lobos, favites, plate-ish stuff:
- $15 Small 1.5-2.5"
- $20Large is 3"+
Duncans:
-$10/single head
-$20/double head
-$30/triple head
Dendros
- $10/polyp
Suncoral:
- Yellow (tube coral): $15 small (<2"), $20 large (>2")
- Black (tube coral): $20 small (<2"), $25 large (>2")

noirsphynx
10-29-2008, 05:20 PM
STICKY THiS:mrgreen:

Thanks ElGuappo :smile:

ElGuappo
10-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Sooooooooooooooo i have this toadstool seedling i was thinking i may be able to squeeze into my budget i was just wondering what i would be charged for it? it is smaller than a dime and is not a frag. when i bought mine this was the size of a pinhead. i also have a second one that is also the size of a dime i am willing to sell to anyone locally for $5 . can i claim the one i want to use for $5 ?????/

i am willing to sell to anyone locally for $5.... yes i have 2 and 1 is for sale.

rocketlily
10-30-2008, 02:40 AM
Can someone please tell me what a piece of Blue Cloves would be. Size is 1/2" x 3/4".

Thank you

sphelps
10-30-2008, 02:44 AM
ElGuappo - $5
rocketlily - $5

ElGuappo
10-30-2008, 03:14 AM
Well while ive been gone i see there are lots of posts. had a bit of a time catching up. the who price change and rechange was new to me. and believe it or not i think i may have a decent idea. i was looking around and i have seen no prices on CUCs. i was just wondering if perhaps we wanted to set a flat rate for things like hermits, snails and such. just and idea.

Marg snail 1.5
sm turbo 2
lg turbo 3.5
red hermit 1
blue hermit .75
sand sifting star 5
astria snail 1.75.

??????????????????????????/:wink:

rocketlily
10-30-2008, 03:17 AM
Would we not post the prices on a CUC as the actual prices we paid when we went and bought new ones?

I paid $1.99 for a Blue legged hermit crab, so that's what I posted.

sphelps
10-30-2008, 03:21 AM
I think you're suppose to go by J&L pricing for CUC

Ryan_Lap
10-30-2008, 03:23 AM

Yup, too many diff prices. Easier if we all pay the same.

ElGuappo
10-30-2008, 03:23 AM

This is essentially what i was wondering. so far i have posted what i paid.

sphelps
10-30-2008, 03:32 AM
This is essentially what i was wondering. so far i have posted what i paid.

Yeah use J&Ls pricing, I believe the price list generated in this thread is just for coral since pricing varies so much. Inverts and fish have more consistent pricing and are generally the same as J&L but if you get it for less than listed on J&l all you need is some kind of receipt to use the price you paid.

JDigital
10-30-2008, 03:34 AM
JL or Liveaquaria for CUC/Fish prices

ElGuappo
10-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Sorry feeling ignorant here. does this mean on anything we paid more retail than listed at jl we use jl's price ?( used less 25% no used price on livestock) and anything we got at a price better than jl we list at that price provided we can supply a recipt?

Sorry i am jsut trying to find out if there is a standard here or if its all what we paid individually.

JDigital
10-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Sorry feeling ignorant here. does this mean on anything we paid more retail than listed at jl we use jl's price ?( used less 25% no used price on livestock) and anything we got at a price better than jl we list at that price provided we can supply a recipt?

Sorry i am jsut trying to find out if there is a standard here or if its all what we paid individually.

JL or Liveaquaria for CUC/Fish prices

There's your standard. :)

ElGuappo
10-31-2008, 07:54 PM
What about sale price? can we use sale prices listed on either of our price coomparison sites:question:?

JDigital
10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
What about sale price? can we use sale prices listed on either of our price coomparison sites:question:?

As long as you provide a link.

noirsphynx
11-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Is a very small leather frag that's about the size of a toonie still $15? I'm also wondering about a sun coral single polyp. I have one that I paid $5 for a while back, is it still $15 for a single head?

JDigital
11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
If you can provide the reciept for the good deal, you are welcome to use the price you paid, otherwise we all need to stick to the price list. :)

noirsphynx
11-17-2008, 08:25 PM
If you can provide the reciept for the good deal, you are welcome to use the price you paid, otherwise we all need to stick to the price list. :)

I believe I do have the reciept still but it doesn't specify what the item is. It's one of those generic reciepts.

Ryan_Lap
11-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I thought everybody paid the same on LS. I didnt think we could 'score' a good deal on LS and corals.

For instance....Im getting a bunch of mushrooms for 'free' in which I 'scored' a deal. I guess I dont have to claim them in the budget then.

noirsphynx
11-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I believe I do have the reciept still but it doesn't specify what the item is. It's one of those generic reciepts.

Never mind. I found the reciepts but all they give me is a total of what I spent and no actual items.

noirsphynx
11-17-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought everybody paid the same on LS. I didnt think we could 'score' a good deal on LS and corals.

For instance....Im getting a bunch of mushrooms for 'free' in which I 'scored' a deal. I guess I dont have to claim them in the budget then.

I have many mushrooms in my tank that were free as well but I claimed them. I was just thinking since my sun coral was so tiny maybe the price would be different.

Ryan_Lap
11-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Ok, all I really want to know then is:

I have a 4"+ mushroom that I got for free. Budget claims I have to claim it as $15. So what do I claim then? Free? $15? $10? $7.59?

JDigital
11-17-2008, 08:37 PM

We also said that no coral/livestock is Free. Therefore, it falls under the price list (or JL / LA).

Ryan_Lap
11-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok so LS goes by LA and J and L.

Corals are priced by the list you provided.

If thats it, it seems pretty black and white to me. Just wanted to clear it up as Im trying to figure out what Im putting in my tank.

sphelps
11-17-2008, 08:57 PM

I believe the system has a small flaw. From what I understand the good deal can also be applied for livestock but you can't get anything for free. If you were to pay a small amount for those mushrooms and get a receipt I think that's allowed but a receipt for $0 won't fly. At least that's how I understand it, if you call that understanding.

ElGuappo
11-17-2008, 08:57 PM
it is my understanding we are to use the price list for all. there is no such thing as a good deal on LS as this is supposed to be figured at a Fair Market Value.

Snappy gave me an insane deal and i have used prices listed on the other page. the only deals i thought we were allowed to use were on used hardware. all LS is matched to either JL or LA websites. ???

????????????????????????????

Ryan_Lap
11-17-2008, 09:00 PM
Snappy gave me an insane deal and i have used prices listed on the other page. the only deals i thought we were allowed to use were on used hardware. all LS is matched to either JL or LA websites. ?

Agreed, atleast this will maintain some consistency. I could get receipts coming out of everywhere saying a paid so and so for a mushroom. Unfair for one person to pay $1 when the other will pay the posted price of $5.

sphelps
11-17-2008, 09:00 PM
items on which you scored a "good deal"- If you can provide proof of the price you got, cost will be figured at the actual price you paid. If it was a transaction with a private individual, have them hand-write you a receipt, scan it, and post it on your thread.

If you purchase something at a steal of a deal from a Canreef.com vendors you do not have to deal with 'fair market value' etc. Example: Sponsor X regularly has 50% off or buy one get one specials that are available to Canreef.com members, so if you pay $10 and get 2 pieces that normally would cost $20, you only pay the $10. This is in hopes that some vendors will want to have specials aimed specifically at this contest.

Nothing here saying it doesn't apply to livestock. The second one refers to "pieces" so I would assume that one is actually talking more about livestock.

sphelps
11-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Agreed, atleast this will maintain some consistency. I could get receipts coming out of everywhere saying a paid so and so for a mushroom. Unfair for one person to pay $1 when the other will pay the posted price of $5.
It is based on the honor system so if you truthfully got a better deal than someone else that's just life, isn't it?

Ryan_Lap
11-17-2008, 09:09 PM
First line of the Livestock Prices Thread:

"Here is the Price list for everyone to use for the contest. "

sphelps
11-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah that's the general pricelist, but I'm pretty sure it was made clear at some point you could use sale prices and the whole "good deal" thing. That's what I thought anyway.

superduperwesman
11-17-2008, 09:37 PM

While it states that the list is for everyone to use it does not say that only the list can be used... if so it would seem that we have a contradiction as I would have to agree that "pieces" would imply coral...

Interesting.... But I guess it works both ways... you might get screwed on the cost of your mushroom but you can put a $300 colony of Zoas in for $10

Just don't pick a mushroom theme I guess?? ahah

Ryan_Lap
11-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Well maybe it would be possible to get some clarification, rather than everyone trying to guess what the rules should be. I just want to figure out my stock list.

ElGuappo
11-17-2008, 09:44 PM
i have used sale prices posted on either site (JL, LA) with confirmation by another contestee. that is only for inverts and fish thus far but i dont see any problem with using sale prices on coral as long as it is confirmed and size is listed.

All my prices come from either they allowed 2 web sites or the price list.

I just kinda sat back and said nothing while all the "Debating" about prices was going on and decided to just use the websites and price list for all items just to avoid any conflict. in the long run i thought i got some wiked deals but after adjusting all prices to the above mentioned sources i actually saved a few bucks.

Just my 2 pennies.

superduperwesman
11-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Well maybe it would be possible to get some clarification, rather than everyone trying to guess what the rules should be. I just want to figure out my stock list.

:agrue:

Yeah we demand a verdict! ahah

superduperwesman
11-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I just make up my own pricing:

- Clown fish = $2.99
- Snail = $.01
- Bubble Algae = $10.00/bubble

KIDDING! Me so funny :D ahah

Ryan_Lap
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Bubble Algae $10.00/bubble

Then I have about $500 0f that for sale in my tank. Anyone that can get it out Ill let them have it for an awesome "score of a deal".....Free :lol:

ElGuappo
11-17-2008, 10:03 PM
how much for cyno? i now am running a koralia 1, and nano on this tank and still have cyno. whats up with that? its going away but not fast enough.

OFF topic here but, can bubble algae be used as macro in a ref?

rocketlily
11-17-2008, 10:12 PM
Please don't forget to include $10.00 a head for Aipitasia. Wow, I'm way over budget!!!:lol:

sphelps
11-18-2008, 12:14 AM
So all kidding aside do we have a final verdict on this current issue?

Also would like to discuss this "sale" and "good deal" pricing and when it can be used.

The way I see it you can only use a sale price if you actually bought your items at that sale. Obviously it's the honor system but we can't have people constantly scoping for good deals and changing their pricing every time they find one.

Same for "good deal" you need to actually score a good deal and provide the receipt if requested.

Once budget is updated it should be frozen in, unless livestock is removed for some reason other than death. Or we could say since the Nov 15th deadline has passed once budget is updated it can't be changed, corals can't be removed once added to budget.

JDigital
11-18-2008, 12:16 AM
Well why don't we scrap the "good deal" thing. sphelps and I have already argued the "honor system"...

JL, LA, or Price list (stickied one) for Coral/Fish prices only? ... Will that keep everyone happy?

sphelps
11-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Well why don't we scrap the "good deal" thing. sphelps and I have already argued the "honor system"...

JL, LA, or Price list (stickied one) for Coral/Fish prices only? ... Will that keep everyone happy?
You haven't addressed my issues. I'm not talking about the honor system.

And you'll have to scrap sale prices as well if you do that, same thing.

JDigital
11-18-2008, 12:23 AM
You haven't addressed my issues. I'm not talking about the honor system.

And you'll have to scrap sale prices as well if you do that, same thing.

What was ur issue? I musta missed it

sphelps
11-18-2008, 12:24 AM
What was ur issue? I musta missed it
Post #100 This thread

JDigital
11-18-2008, 12:38 AM
First off, Can I obliterate the "good deal" thing without it affecting anyones budget? Please let me know everyone.... It would be nice to not have to deal with the whole receipt thing, and just use the 3 outlined price sources...

Second, There will be no using sale prices. Now that I have given it some thought, and seen what people are doing, it's not fair. You can't stumble across a sale months later and then claim that price. I know this might upset a few, but its only fair.

sphelps
11-18-2008, 12:45 AM
I would prefer to keep the good deal and sale opportunities, I haven't used them yet but I've been hoping to get a good deal on one particular piece of livestock, been waiting for it for that reason. I just think we should agree that a sale is a "good deal" you have to get the deal not just say you could of.

But either way I'll go with the majority on that.

noirsphynx
11-18-2008, 01:17 AM
I thought we were only going by the 3 sources to begin with anyhow when it concerned livestock.
I agree that we should not change the price after the livestock has been added but what if we have not added a certain piece of livestock yet and it goes on sale on J&L or LA and we decide to add it at that tme, can we use the sale price? I'm asking because I have 4 sexy shrimp that I've been debating to either sell or add to my tank.

JDigital
11-18-2008, 01:26 AM
I want everyone to give me your opinion of what YOU would like to have happen. I will weigh in everyones opinions and make the executive decision. If you don't post your opinion, don't come yelling at me when I make the choice of how prices are going to be handled from here on out.

1. Personally. I want to scrap the "good deal from another reefer" and simply use the 3 sources.

For Corals: Price List FIRST.. not on there, then use JL and LA...

For Livestock: JL and LA.

2. I want to scrap the use of Sale prices (from TODAY forward). If you buy it on sale, thats great that you actually saved out of pocket, but take the prices we have layed out on the 3 sources. It will save ALOT of headaches down the road.

sphelps
11-18-2008, 01:29 AM
I already stated mine but to clarify.

I think keep "good deal" for both hardware and livestock. But a sale is a "good deal" it's the same thing and you have to actually purchase from the sale to use it.

EDIT: I also think it's an important strategy to be able to take advantages of sales and good deals in such a contest, but of course you have to actually get the deal and if absolutely necessary post a receipt to verify.

ElGuappo
11-18-2008, 01:39 AM
they way i see it we should all use the websites or pricelist for all. any good deals on hardware can be kept. providing recept. or Honor. :mrgreen:

I have returned the price of the shrimp i changed today, providing all is well with that, i am gain under budet as per JD's last post of "from today on . "

Scythanith
11-18-2008, 02:25 AM
If you get a good deal/sale and you have proof, then go for it. This would apply for both livestock and equipment.

If you buy livestock and/or equipment and get it in your tank and put it in your budget update... you should NOT be allowed to go back and alter the budget if you finda better deal down the road. That's not fair.

I agree with JDigital's price breakdown: The canreef list first, then the predetermined retailers. Livestock should not be applicable for the "used" discount. Livestock should not be removed from your budget if it dies.

It doesn't really affect me yet as I haven't added livestock.

noirsphynx
11-18-2008, 02:39 AM
I want everyone to give me your opinion of what YOU would like to have happen. I will weigh in everyones opinions and make the executive decision. If you don't post your opinion, don't come yelling at me when I make the choice of how prices are going to be handled from here on out.

1. Personally. I want to scrap the "good deal from another reefer" and simply use the 3 sources.

For Corals: Price List FIRST.. not on there, then use JL and LA...

For Livestock: JL and LA.

2. I want to scrap the use of Sale prices (from TODAY forward). If you buy it on sale, thats great that you actually saved out of pocket, but take the prices we have layed out on the 3 sources. It will save ALOT of headaches down the road.

I agree but for used equipment I think we should get a discounted price.

JDigital
11-18-2008, 02:44 AM
I agree but for used equipment I think we should get a discounted price.

Yea, this discussion has nothing to do with equipment.. this is just for LS and Coral. :)

sphelps
11-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Don't mean to rush you but can we make a decision on this? I'll have to cancel an order if we're eliminating the "good deal" clause for livestock and time is a factor.

JDigital
11-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Ok.

We are going to leave the "good deal" thing as long as the proof (I don't like that word) is provided.

You can NOT go back into your budget and edit prices when you find them cheaper.

Sale Prices can only be used if you bought the item FROM that sale and provide the proof (if you used a Sale price before Today [November 19, 2008] I am allowing you to keep it so it doesn't fubar anyones budget).

Coral Prices are to be taken from the stickied Price List FIRST, if its not there, then use JL or LA. (ie: Anemones)

Dead coral or fish can not be removed from your budget (SUCKS FOR ME!!!). Be Honest!

Hope this works for everyone. :wink:

sphelps
11-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Sounds good. Thanks!

JDigital
11-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Something dawned on me today while I was at the LFS...

What is everyones thoughts on a replacement specimens of they die? They aren't getting removed from the budget, but if the LFS is willing to replace them at no charge because they died within 24-48hrs of purchase, Should we be able to restock those SPECIFIC specimens at no charge? (It can not be a different fish, it has to be the same as what died). LFS stores DO, do this is the real world, so I'm just tossing it out there.

DISCLAIMER:

Yes, it would help me in my situation, however think about yourselfs down the road, this could save your butt. :wink:

sphelps
11-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Well we don't all have that luxury. Not all LFSs replace livestock, even if it dies within a day or two. So the way I see it you got yourself a "good deal" but by your rules you need proof and nothing is free.

Ryan_Lap
11-20-2008, 01:39 AM
I thought your fish died because your tank wasnt properly cycled. I have yet to find a LFS that would replace fish because of that.

I could be wrong though.

JDigital
11-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Well we don't all have that luxury. Not all LFSs replace livestock, even if it dies within a day or two. So the way I see it you got yourself a "good deal" but by your rules you need proof and nothing is free.

I'm sure the LFS would provide a receipt for the replacement. :wink:

JDigital
11-20-2008, 01:46 AM
I thought your fish died because your tank wasnt properly cycled.

Negative.

Ryan_Lap
11-20-2008, 01:47 AM
Refresh my memory then please...

sphelps
11-20-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm sure the LFS would provide a receipt for the replacement. :wink:
A receipt for free though? I got some items for free to and could have gotten a receipt but I though nothing could be "free" so I used standard pricing.

JDigital
11-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Refresh my memory then please...

Tests in the 3rd/4th week showed the tank cycle????..... Now you want proof of a tank cycling???....

sphelps
11-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Tests in the 3rd/4th week showed the tank cycle????..... Now you want proof of a tank cycling???....
I don't think it really matters why they died but to me it doesn't seem fair to change your rules for your own best interests despite the fact it may help others which it doesn't because we don't all have that luxury at our LFS. Now I'm OK with you using the "good deal" but it was made clear in other posts nothing is free, so you need to overcome that issue.

Ryan_Lap
11-20-2008, 02:04 AM

When did I say that?

Scythanith
11-20-2008, 03:23 AM
Ok guys, stop bickering. It's a $20 contest, I don't give two shits if someone bends the rules. His fish is dead and gone. It doesn't matter why it died as far as the rules of this conest are concerned. It's dead, money's spent. If your store replaces it for you then good on ya, you have a good LFS.

I don't know if he's trying to get something for free Steve. He paid for the fish, accounted for it in his budget, and if it gets replaced by the LFS then I think it should be kosher.

Ryan, the internet is a poooooooor place to try and convey ones tone. This statement:

"Refresh my memory then please..."

really does look like your just trying to be difficult. I'm sure that isn't your intention but that is the way it comes off to me. His fish died, move on.

If this contest is full of this for 6 months I know I won't compete in another down the road. Sorry to derail your build thread.

Scott

sphelps
11-20-2008, 03:38 AM
You know Scott I totally agree, and if everyone was like you this contest would be kosher. But it's hard for me to stay silent when one wants to bend the rules for his own good but at the same time throw another contender out of the contest because he's a few days late on the update, for good reason. That's just a little too contradicting for my liking.

If we want to be flexible then lets be flexible. But this is still a contest.

JDigital
11-20-2008, 04:57 AM
You know Scott I totally agree, and if everyone was like you this contest would be kosher. But it's hard for me to stay silent when one wants to bend the rules for his own good but at the same time throw another contender out of the contest because he's a few days late on the update, for good reason. That's just a little too contradicting for my liking.

If we want to be flexible then lets be flexible. But this is still a contest.

So as soon as you bring up a change that might help everyone and I think and go "yea, that does sound like a fair change" whether or not it affects you or me, it all good in your books, but when I realize something for myself that could helps others, and bring it up as a topic of discussion I gotta stand infront of the firing squad and give reasons for everything?..

I appreciate Scotts post.. It's exactly how I feel to a T!. Yea, I am leading this contest, and now I REALLY wish I wasn't, because its always me taking the crap storm from everyone.

Another reason why I made my decision regarding scholar, I'm standing my ground on it... This has gotta be the easiest rule in the whole contest to follow. Heck, even Scott was able to get an update made and he wasn't even at home around that time. If I miss a deadline.. So be it, I'm out.. Same goes for everyone. I'm not bending every single rule or we might as well not have any. I made a SUGGESTION with my previous post, and was only looking for feedback, only to get grilled for it.

superduperwesman
11-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Honestly... I'm just excited to win and have a beautiful tank... I don't care how many free fish people get b/c I'll own them anyway... you can't buy original ideas.

1 Dead Clown Fish - $10.45
1 soon to be dead replacement Clown fish - $0.01
1 Handicapped hermit - $2.99
1 Ultra sexy superduperwesman stand - priceless

Victory is mine!!

sphelps
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
So as soon as you bring up a change that might help everyone and I think and go "yea, that does sound like a fair change" whether or not it affects you or me, it all good in your books, but when I realize something for myself that could helps others, and bring it up as a topic of discussion I gotta stand infront of the firing squad and give reasons for everything?..
First of all you're over reacting, and if there's a firing squad you're the one who supplied the guns. These are all your rules and additions you're going against, you're fighting with yourself. And I clearly said there is nothing wrong with what you want to do, just use the "good deal" clause. All I was hinting at is get a receipt for a small dollar value.

I appreciate Scotts post.. It's exactly how I feel to a T!. Yea, I am leading this contest, and now I REALLY wish I wasn't, because its always me taking the crap storm from everyone.
I don't think that's how you feel at all, I think Scott's main point is that 'who really cares' and if you really agreed with him you wouldn't be kicking someone out of the contest in the next thread.

Another reason why I made my decision regarding scholar, I'm standing my ground on it... This has gotta be the easiest rule in the whole contest to follow. Heck, even Scott was able to get an update made and he wasn't even at home around that time. If I miss a deadline.. So be it, I'm out.. Same goes for everyone. I'm not bending every single rule or we might as well not have any. I made a SUGGESTION with my previous post, and was only looking for feedback, only to get grilled for it.
First off you're not being grilled so stop crying already, you asked for feedback and that's exactly what you got. Ryan just seemed to be curious to me and I was just telling you to avoid rule changing and use the "good deal" clause.
Also I don't think it would be easy to break into your own house fill a fish tank with water and take a picture, obviously you're not married.

The bottom line here is that you want to bend the rules for your own good but not to help someone else in the contest. Sorry but that's clear as day.

JDigital
11-20-2008, 03:32 PM
As of 9am this morning, I don't give a sh** what anyone does anymore. You guys want scholar left in, fine, I don't care.

I'm not enforcing any rules from here on out.

superduperwesman
11-20-2008, 04:16 PM
As of 9am this morning, I don't give a sh** what anyone does anymore. You guys want scholar left in, fine, I don't care.

I'm not enforcing any rules from here on out.

Yeah I know it gets frustrating after a while ahah.

It's hard to get everything sorted out and know what rules should be strictly enforced and which should be more of a guideline...

But either way I'm glad you started this contest because I'm having fun and am very happy with my tank and others thus far. No one else was taking the initiative to start a contest and for doing so I thank you.

Hopefully we can get enough sorted out so that the contest can be even more successful for those in the future who will carry on our legacy... but we will always be the first here on Canreef and sometimes that means a bumpy road.

Perhaps... and I say perhaps because I know it will take some time... we should issue a Full Contest Rules and Guidelines Revision clearly outlining all the rules and guidelines as they sit with all implemented changes (A FTS and undated budget must be posted in the second week of each month to remain in the contest, all LS/equipment replaced under warranty does not need deducted from the budget a second time etc., water and lr (if used) must be in the tank by ___) This way everyone can reference them in one location and they can be easily cut and pasted for the next competition? But again I know that is enough work and we are mostly looking to have fun not make work :)

Either way lets not sweat the small stuff... try to be honest and lets try and have a good time

sphelps
11-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Well lets move on then. I think we can all agree to be a little more flexible. Scholer can stay in the contest and JDigital can warranty his fish.

ElGuappo
11-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Agreed.

Honst i had no prob with his fish being warrentied. lets face it. no matter what the reason of them dying is you donot in life have to be honest with your lfs. i hate to say it but you vcan always get fish warrentied depending on how honest you feel like being. some LFS's will warrenty fish no questions asked. where as others will require a water sample etc. but fot people on this site i dont think it is to hard to come up with a good water sample as the majority of us have at minumum one cycled and established tank you could get a sample from.

Also i think its good business to replace fish that passed less than 48 hours after purchase. unfortunatly in the fish buss you have losses no matter what !!!!

superduperwesman
11-20-2008, 08:16 PM
The crowded looks to the referee... and it's GOOD!

He's gonna allow it! What a deal what a deal... lets get a replay on that...

Scholer can stay in the contest and JDigital can warranty his fish.

OHHHHH! and it looks just as good the second time... amazing...truly amazing.... a lot of happy people on there puters after that one Jim.

What a night ... what a night!

Ryan_Lap
11-20-2008, 08:29 PM
The crowded looks to the referee... and it's GOOD!

He's gonna allow it! What a deal what a deal... lets get a replay on that...

OHHHHH! and it looks just as good the second time... amazing...truly amazing.... a lot of happy people on there puters after that one Jim.

What a night ... what a night!

You need some serious help...:lol:

superduperwesman
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
You need some serious help...:lol:

I think you mean: I give some serious help :)