PDA

View Full Version : Help stocking

karazy
09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
well i i ahve hit another block n my stocking plans. i canot decide what sort of goby/other i should get, or if i can have a fith fish which would be a yellow clown goby. is going to be a 29 gallon reef tank with a bout 11 gallon sump.
so far on my stocking list i have:
-2 clowns(percula or occelaris)
-1 cherub angel
possible others:
-hi fin goby
-rainfords goby
-spotted prawn goby
-royal gramma

and then theres the issue with can i add a fith fish which wud be a YCG
so just pick out of the list or suggest something else

help is very appreciated

p.s. i like fish for mostly their personality, but their color too

Carmen
09-23-2008, 11:55 PM
I have been really happy with my Orange spotted Sand Goby/Diamond Goby (From Red Coral) as he sifts the sand but does not bring it up onto corals.
Also consider a Wrasse as I LOVE my wrasse - very active, very striking, lots of personality and an easy, hardy fish!

I have these in a 27G, no sump with 2 clowns and alot of coral and I am fully stocked - having nitrate issues, so I wouldn't add anymore to my system. However the sump would help and a YCG is a very small addition to the bioload.
Good Luck with your choice!

karazy
09-24-2008, 12:18 AM
thanx, but im not really looking for a wrasse. the pygmy angel has already kinda filled the spot for very active.

i should have mentioned origionaly that i would like something mostly for the bottom level of the tank

ElGuappo
09-24-2008, 12:20 AM
jawfish?

karazy
09-24-2008, 12:26 AM
ive been considering oen, but i was thinking it would get too big and also i wouldnt want it to accidentaly dig too far under a rock and cause an avalache..

but still, i will consider it

ElGuappo
09-24-2008, 02:30 AM
ive been considering oen, but i was thinking it would get too big and also i wouldnt want it to accidentaly dig too far under a rock and cause an avalache..

but still, i will consider it

i had an avalance had redo all rock. but never got too big for my 34 g RSM. according to some sites a 10g is big enough. i would believe it too mine never ventured very far from its home.

karazy
09-24-2008, 03:31 AM
hmmm... i am enticed

how hardy are they?
and do they need any special requirments,like food, or a certain amount of months old system?

if i do get one i will probably put the rocks on the bottom glass so he cant dig under them,unless this isnt good for the glass(my tank doesnt have glass at the bottom actualy, its like some very reflective material)