PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Juice Calgary

Patrick1
09-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I was wondering who stocks Joe's Juice in Calgary?

levi1803
09-23-2008, 10:35 PM
One of the store owners in town told me (when I was looking for it) that they can't bring it into Canada anymore as it's illegal for some reason, so I don't know if anyone in town would have it. Well unless he was wrong. I know from working in pet stores a long time ago that sometime the packaging doesn't have the proper labels to sell in Canada so they would disconinue shiiping some items once in a while, that could be why, who knows.

ElGuappo
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
saw some at riverfront last week

Patrick1
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
I feel very strongly that this is a conspiracy organized by the Secret League Of Aptaisia.. This unknown organization run by Aptaisia itself has secretly plotted to stop all working weapons we have against them from crossing the boarder. I tried the Tropic Marine and others plus some home brew. As well as Peppermints etc. I can’t find Red Sea Aptaisia X anywhere and now they have managed to block the supply of Joe’s Juice to Canada. Amazing that animals with no brains could accomplish such a undertaking all from the safety of my tank. Oh but I am on to you little F&$#’s now soon I will find a way to destroy you.

levi1803
09-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Lmao

pastout
09-24-2008, 12:32 AM
i had hundreds of them in my tank within 2 to 3 weeks a copperband butterfly ate them all

wickedfrags
09-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Consider using a nice thick paste made up of kalwasser and water - same thing and acheives the same results.

I was wondering who stocks Joe's Juice in Calgary?

karazy
09-24-2008, 12:37 AM
ive heard you can just go and get a syringe and then fill it with boiling hot water, and inject each and every lil anemone with it and it shud do the trick

Red Coral Aquariums
09-24-2008, 12:40 AM
One of the store owners in town told me (when I was looking for it) that they can't bring it into Canada anymore as it's illegal for some reason, so I don't know if anyone in town would have it. Well unless he was wrong. I know from working in pet stores a long time ago that sometime the packaging doesn't have the proper labels to sell in Canada so they would disconinue shiiping some items once in a while, that could be why, who knows.

Unfortunately I don't have any ,I use Peppermint shrimp, but I did notice J&L had some so not sure about the illegal in Canada theory.
http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=md-jjuice020
Kevin

ElGuappo
09-24-2008, 01:53 AM
i just asked this question and had a lot of repplies look under product reviews the thread is call what do you use to kill aptasia. i think.

mark
09-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Thought JJ was nothing more than kalk slurry. Just add a bit of mysis juice for flavour.

briansmyth
09-24-2008, 03:22 AM
I did find that Joe's Juice was the most effective single item for ridding my tank of aiptasia - but when I was overrun with these stinging sinners, I did find that bulk calcium chloride, purchased from Home Depot, worked quite well - $10 worth of calcium chloride will last you about 40 years, I think. Seriously, find someone who has already purchased some and get a small bag from them.

I mix the powder with water and a bit of vinegar, so that the white stuff is a `thick liquid', then I put it in the microwave and heat it up, then stir again and use it right away. This killed 65 to 70% of the aiptasia on the first go around. Some required a second helping.

Interestingly, I have used this mix more recently and have noticed that the aiptasia do not even close up when you get near them ...? They just accept the fairly lethal injection - I have been wondering if my current aiptasia are dumber than the previous ones I've had. Or does the warmness of the mix lull the aiptasia to sleep just like warm milk and a baby? I use the mix quite quickly now after it comes out of the microwave, so that's the only other difference I can think of.