PDA

View Full Version : sold

scorpio73
09-23-2008, 04:12 AM
I have a 7 or 8`` rare Yellow Mask Surgeonfish for sale. She must go to a tank that is 180 gallon or larger as she will be about 27 inches. There is not a lot known about their personalities because they are rarely kept in captivity. She is quite a character and has beautiful colors. I hate to part with her but she is getting too big for my tank and it is not fair to her. I am taking reasonable offers for her. Please see pics.

SALE PENDING TO CATHERINE SALE PENDING TO CATHERINE SALE PENDING TO CATHERINE

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-23-2008, 05:30 AM
I believe it is also called the Elongate Tang or Acanthurus mata. I had one that I raised from just over 1" to about 11" in 10 months. They grow fast & eat lots (also poop machines). Loved it. My favourite fish back then & I was very upset when I lost it in the big move to our present home (one of the big reasons we bought this place rather than risk another move). They are still one of my favourite species.

I would consider adding it to our tang collection in my 210g reef but not sure how much shipping & everything else will be. With a new baby, I have to at least try to stay within budget with this addiction.

Anthony

michika
09-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Are you willing to hold her for a couple of weeks if I purchase her? I travel up to Edmonton every Tuesday night, however I am moving my tank in about 11 days. I have a 180g now, but am in the process of building a much larger system, ~1000g to accomodate large tangs like my current Vlamingi.

michika
09-23-2008, 02:28 PM
I believe it is also called the Elongate Tang or Acanthurus mata. I had one that I raised from just over 1" to about 11" in 10 months. They grow fast & eat lots (also poop machines).

Anthony

Can you tell me more about their personality Anthony?

Whatigot
09-23-2008, 02:46 PM
one way or the other, looks like this tang is going to have some great company...

scorpio73
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Her personality is great with other fish and she iwill eat out of your hand. She is a real character. She is very active and eats lots. Great fish.

michika
09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Her personality is great with other fish and she is will eat out of your hand. She is a real character. She is very active and eats lots. Great fish.

Exactly what I like to hear!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Yup, I love fish & this was my FAV. It lived with a Queen Angel & a Koran & a bunch of tangs. Always the first to come eat & was king of the tank, but a benevolent monarch. Nobody could replace mine at the top of the hierarchy but he wasn't mean about it. Just held his own if another fish tried to get uppity. Great personality. Wouldn't wait for me to attach the seaweed clip before it would start eating. The strangest site was it eating large portions of a sheet of nori while ALL the other fish lined up behind it busily scarfing down the half-digested Nori flakes being expelled from its butt. Kinda gross but interesting behaviour nonetheless.

A real character.