PDA

View Full Version : 75GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System

snowmoon007
09-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Hi:

I'm hoping to get more information on the 75GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System. I'm wanting to purchase this unit, but I have some questions.

I want to know what else I need to use it as a drinking source too. Like do I need the RO tank? just the faucet? Do I need a float for the auto shut off function to work??

I hope that your customer service is better on canreefs then what I've experience. I've emailed asking these questions via your site and yet no response. I've called and left a voice mail, and STILL no response!! I'm wondering if you guys want my business.

Please respond!

mark
09-22-2008, 03:51 AM
Not Bulkreef but I'll try...

Need the tank for using for drinking water as would be waiting a while for a ro/di unit to produce even a glass full, without. The tank gives that burst of ~2g.

The ASV at least on the Aquasafe doesn't need a float valve to turn itself off if the output is turned off, say if just using the drinking water faucet. If you're using the ro/di to fill a storage container for change water (line tee'd into the output) then a float valve is handy as sort of automation. Could just use another valve though but as long as it's open, the unit will keep making water.

snarkys
09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi:

I'm hoping to get more information on the 75GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System. I'm wanting to purchase this unit, but I have some questions.

I want to know what else I need to use it as a drinking source too. Like do I need the RO tank? just the faucet? Do I need a float for the auto shut off function to work??

I hope that your customer service is better on canreefs then what I've experience. I've emailed asking these questions via your site and yet no response. I've called and left a voice mail, and STILL no response!! I'm wondering if you guys want my business.

Please respond!

Glad to help,

1) While this always sounds like a good idea many people find this just inst that practical since the place you want to store a large drum for producing fish tank water is often in your basement and the place you want to produce water for drinking is under your kitchen sink. However it is possible to run tube all over if you wish. In most cases people end up purchasing two units , the drinking water one can be much simpler like our 3 stage RO. That said , this is how you would use one unit for both. You would tee it off before the DI because you don’t want to drink DI water . send this new line to another tee , one end will go to an RO tank and the other to the faucet . The pressurized RO tank will fill with water and produce around 2 gallons of water on hand at any time.
2) We are very good about responding quickly to emails , turn around is often only a few hours but certainly within 24 hours. We are not here over the weekends however and in some rare cases your email can be caught in our spam folder. I do check the folder but I have around 400 spams a day so sometimes I do miss one Our phone hours are between 9-5 CST and unless we are on the line with other customers we try to answer as fast as we can. We do return voicemails but since we return them during office hours it is really common that no one is around to answer when we call. Anyways I am sorry about your difficulty.