PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon pump - Bubble King 1500 - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeeg
09-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Effective today, my bubble king 1500 skimmer is not producing any bubbles...I had noticed some weird noise coming from the pump a ferw days ago but dismissed it as anything significant...What seems to be happening is that water is backing up the noise absorber by about 6 inches....I believe this is the problem and preventing the pump from receiving its "venturi" air to produce bubbles...Bot the skimmer this year brand new and its been running since March 23...I will be calling JL tomorrow to find out if they had seen problems like this before but thought maybe someone here experienced the same and has a quick fix...

Thanks for any input...

i have crabs
09-22-2008, 02:35 AM
sounds like the air hose is plugged with salt

Red Coral Aquariums
09-22-2008, 05:36 AM
sounds like the air hose is plugged with salt

x2

Aquattro
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I clean my venturi monthly for Ca build up.

TJSlayer
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Same thing just happened with my Euroreef...

I thought my tank just was producing much gunk! lol

Took the whole thing out and cleaned it, still not luck, after a bit more reading I decided to try something else that I read. On the airline that brings air in there is a smakk twis valve, gues what it was plugged, unclogged it and whaala two cups of skimmate in two days later!

Work a check, take it off if possible or stick a lonf slender brush or q-tip down the tube....

Cheers
Todd

yeeg
09-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Alright, so I took the thing apart and fed a tube down the venturi to see if there was any blockage and there wasnt...I checked the needle wheel to make sure it was operable and no problems once again...I pieced everything back together and it seems to work once again...I think what might have happened is that the water simply backed up into the venturi and thus no air was getting in...This will happen when my pump that feeds the skimmer pats from the tube that goes into the skimmer...I dont have it tied tightly in case I have to move it around the sump....

But there still is a strange noise coming from the red dragon....