PDA

View Full Version : Aquasafe - Variable Flow Resistor

Oscar
09-21-2008, 12:38 AM
I now have my Aquasafe RO/DI up and running. Just about every connection leaked, mostly because I did not insert the pipe deep enough into the connector. Once I resolved that then no more leaks.

But I am having problems generating waste water. The only way I can seem to do this is to partially open up the "flow restrictor". That device is meant for monthly flushing of the membrane.

If I close the flow restrictor then adjustment the "variable flow resistor" has no effect. I get RO/DI water but no waste water

Any suggestions to get the VFR working?

mark
09-21-2008, 02:59 AM
I now have my Aquasafe RO/DI up and running. Just about every connection leaked, mostly because I did not insert the pipe deep enough into the connector. Once I resolved that then no more leaks.

But I am having problems generating waste water. The only way I can seem to do this is to partially open up the "flow restrictor". That device is meant for monthly flushing of the membrane.

If I close the flow restrictor then adjustment the "variable flow resistor" has no effect. I get RO/DI water but no waste water

Any suggestions to get the VFR working?

I've got the VFR after the flush valve.

To set up had the unit making water (output valve open, valve on storage tank closed) and the flush valve closed (handle turned 90°), adjusted VFR unit I got the 4:1 ratio. If your getting no waste water try opening the VFR fully (can easily blow through it) then slowly close it.

Oscar
09-21-2008, 03:42 AM
I've got the VFR after the flush valve.

I think that is reverse of the instructions but worth a try. I honestly did not understand the rest of your notes. :lol: