PDA

View Full Version : fluval 203

1bigstud
04-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Hello everyone I have a fluval 203 that I cant seem to get going
the impellor seems to be working fine any advice???

Canadian Man
04-15-2003, 12:00 AM
Why can't you get it going? Your going to have to be more specific.

here is an idea anyway. take the impeller out and the impeller shaft.
check to see that the impeller shaft spin's freeley in the impeller. if not or if there is the slightest bit of resistace then take a knife or something with a good edge and scrape the calcium buildup off the shaft. you can soak the shaft in viniger if you want to be lazy. that will take off the buildup but it may take a little while, like an hour or so.

cheers

pluff
04-15-2003, 12:56 AM
On the 203's 303's 403's...you have to PRIME them to get them working.The new ones as like the 204's 304's and 404's,are all self priming :cool:

HTH

Pluff

1bigstud
04-15-2003, 12:59 AM
ok well I got it going but now it leaks out of where the hoses and impeller connects to the chamber. What do you mean by priming it?

Trevor Robertson
04-15-2003, 02:33 PM
I have a 403 that I HATE (for sale cheap if you want it) as it would leak and could not get it to prime very easy, replace with two 304's that prime like a cham and they don't leak and cause water everyware!!

PS Priming is just simply getting the water flowing, in the x03 series of fluval's it was recomended that you put them on there side of tiped them back and forth to get the water flowing at full blast.

Good luck, hey as Red Green would say I am sure that Duck Tape would fix that...http://www.crazypics.de/smilies_boese/boese048.gif[/img]

TANGOMAN
04-15-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm with Trevor on xo3 series. I have a 403... :rolleyes: . It has a tendancy to leak at the "impeller housing". Lubricate the o-ring prior to assembling the housings and press together slowly and gently. I won't run mine without a small Rubbermaid container around it. "once bitten..."
Priming is a term used to remove the air from the system and replacing it with water. Just wrap your lips around the outlet hose and start suckin' on that bad boy until you get a mouthful of that salty stuff... :lol: (Don't anybody even bother replying to that last statement 'cause I know whet you're thinkin'...) :rolleyes:

pluff
04-15-2003, 03:34 PM
:lol: :lol: Hahahahahahaha....Thats why when he asked what priming was,I never replyed :)

1bigstud
04-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Thanks alot for all youre advice guys What I've done is I'm running the thing right in the tank. I'm only using it for now cause I set up a new tank and it is real cloudy plus I made the mistake of not rinsing the sand off. so now my family room smells pretty funky any advice on ways to clear up the tank and get rid of the smell
the tank is 70 gallons.

Ps if only I had a dollar everytime I've told someone to suck that badboy till u get a mouth ful of salty stuff hahaha