PDA

View Full Version : One tank, more than one anemone species?

MikeP
09-18-2008, 10:41 PM
I've had a couple little GBTA's for a while and recently added a large haddoni carpet. So far haven't had any troubles but I'm wondering what the 'rules' are about keeping more than one type? I'd like to get a different colored BTA or maybe a LTA.

Thanks for any info.

Delphinus
09-18-2008, 11:56 PM
IMO it's a "proceed with care/caution." Many instances where it's done and it's fine. Sometimes they get weird about it, but they can get weird anyhow so it's hard to know 100% if the multiple individuals is the problem or not.

a4twenty
09-19-2008, 12:59 AM
IMO it's a "proceed with care/caution." Many instances where it's done and it's fine. Sometimes they get weird about it, but they can get weird anyhow so it's hard to know 100% if the multiple individuals is the problem or not.

good advice ( was there any doubt :mrgreen: ) , i have seen positive results and i have seen negative results. i currently have 4 BTA's and one carpet living together, they each have a side but the one time they met i could tell it wasn't going to be pleasant. luckily with lots of meals, a little 'praying' and a descent sized tank i have a happy community........