PDA

View Full Version : LF phyto cultures or live adult brine shrimp BC

nanoreefer
09-18-2008, 08:30 PM
iam looking for some phyto plankton either some starter cultures or better someone i can get several 2L bottles off of to grow out some brine shimp, ive grown phyto before but ive had a real hard time(useing miracle grow method BTW)or even better than that would be live adult brine but i dont think anyone has any,

thanks, james

nanoreefer
09-21-2008, 08:35 AM
bumpity!

Marlin65
09-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Where are you located PM me.

FitoPharmer
09-21-2008, 06:53 PM
sorry to rain on your parade dude, but you shouldn't use phytoplankton grown in plant fertilizer. you NEED to use the guilliards f/2 formula if you want it to have a safe product and top nutrition quality.

nanoreefer
09-22-2008, 12:12 AM
thanks, Fitofarmer, do you know ware i can get the F/2 algea grow? the only place ive seen that is sites in the states like florida aqua farms never seen it for sale up here, also iam not useing the plankton i grow for my reef realy, its just to grow the brine shrimp to adults

Marlin65 iam in agassiz, but i go out to burnaby and van sometimes

FitoPharmer
09-22-2008, 12:42 AM
there's a few places that carry it in the Canada, but im not sure who they are. i got my from FAF. if you knowledge of chemicals its not that hard to mix yourself, just hard to find all the ingredients.

nanoreefer
09-22-2008, 07:13 AM
so you just ordered it off there site and they shipped it up here? i thought they dident ship to canada, if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you with brokage shipping ect?

FitoPharmer
09-22-2008, 07:25 PM
my brokerage was expensive, 1/3-1/2 of the initial price. if you need just the fertilizer i'm sure it will be much cheaper since you wont need fedex like i used.

Marlin65
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
I just placed an order from FAF should be here later this week.
I might be able to part with some stuff.:wink:

nanoreefer
09-30-2008, 02:24 AM
iam thinking of placeing an order with FAF but iam kind of worried ive never ordered anything from the states, always wanted to:biggrin:,do you guys ever have any problems with your orders? iam looking at getting about $50 worth of stuff so not a huge order so iam hopeing brokage ect wont be that bad, should i use UPS, fedex?

sick lid
09-30-2008, 02:39 AM
These guys are in Canada and have what you need. I've ordered many times from them.

http://www.reefcrew.com/

slakker
09-30-2008, 03:31 AM
I've read many sites that promote the miracle grow method... I think if used in moderation and all the nutrients are used before putting into the tank, it should be alright. But I haven't seen any reports to show the side effects, etc. so just postulating...

Marlin65
09-30-2008, 10:28 PM
I have enough F2 to make 20,000L and starter disks if you are looking for some.
That or you can wait a bit and I can just supply you some Phyto.
I am out of town next week so PM me the following if you are interested.