PDA

View Full Version : Anyone breed fish

Marlin65
09-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Wondering if anyone breeds any fish and if you have any success with it?
Also wondering if anyone wants to buy Phyto or Rotifers if I produce those?

mike31154
09-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Not breeding at this time, but I have a bonded Maroon clownfish pair I hope will spawn eventually. What's the shelf life on rotifers/phyto? Would they survive a trip thru the mail or on a Greyhound to the interior?

Okguy
09-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Mike, Complete Pet Mart is selling rotifers & phyto. They don't really advertise it but you can ask at the front counter and they'll go to the back and get them for you. Sorry to hijack the thread :redface:

Not breeding at this time, but I have a bonded Maroon clownfish pair I hope will spawn eventually. What's the shelf life on rotifers/phyto? Would they survive a trip thru the mail or on a Greyhound to the interior?

mike31154
09-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks, didn't know that. AJ's in Vernon has them too if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure I saw a sign in the back offering rotifers, but I think they keep them refrigerated? Not sure how fresh or lively they would be.

Marlin65
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Mike, Complete Pet Mart is selling rotifers & phyto. They don't really advertise it but you can ask at the front counter and they'll go to the back and get them for you. Sorry to hijack the thread :redface:

Not a problem.:wink:
Just looking for info any info is always good to help each other out.

Myka
09-18-2008, 05:33 PM
I breed Bangaiis. They eat BBS when first born. It's easy to get babies, not so easy to raise them to sale size. Mostly it takes dedication, and time. I'm shutting down the breeding for the winter, and I'll be back at it in the spring I hope.