PDA

View Full Version : 6 line wrasse

Stirfry
04-14-2003, 04:02 AM
anyone got any info on this fish??

terryp01
04-14-2003, 09:43 AM
6-lines can be great or they can be a heartache. Most have great personalities and can be very entertaining. If you get them too small they can be difficult to acclimate to your tank, get them too old and they may not accept prepared foods.

IME they tend to be peaceful and not bother any tank mates unless you have another wrasse with them.

What more information were you looking for?

sumpfinfishe
04-14-2003, 03:06 PM
My six-line is the most facinating fish to watch in my reef. It will eat frozen brine and spirulina flake with no fuss, however watching it hunt for worms and small crustaceans throughout the day is fun too.
I have had it now for almost two years, and this is the coolest fish in my reef. It swims with such grace and amazing speed when need be. It's tankmates are two yellow watchmen, two pink skunk clowns, and a catalina goby. There has never been any serious territory squables as the six-line can freely roam the entire reef without any troubles. It's a great fish for keeping spaghetti worms under control.

cheers, Rich

Canadian Man
04-14-2003, 03:25 PM
great fish!
It's amusing watching mine swim in the current and sway it's body side to side. very cool fish

eat's anything I put in the tank and is growing quite fast.

pluff
04-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Actually i was thinking about getting one for my 75 gallon FOWLR,but was curious,if it (6Line Wrasse) will get along with a Yellow Tang and a Bangia Cardinal and a Coral Beauty.

Canadian Man
04-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Mine is in with my Scopas tang, 4 blue chromis, 2 ocolaris clowns, 1 very grumpy Bangai.

Bob I
04-14-2003, 03:54 PM
They are certainly interesting fish. I keep mine in my 20 gallon high reef tank :eek: along with a Yellowtail Damsel, and a Royal Grama, and two very small Cleaner Shrimp. The six line , and the grama have grown a lot. There is the occasional display of aggression, but no damage is done, and on the whole they get along amazingly well. :smilecol:

Tau2301
04-15-2003, 01:48 AM
I keep mine in with a Yellow Tang, Coral Beauty, Scooter Blenny, Algae Blenny, and two Percula Clowns. No worries.