PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying

Ian
09-17-2008, 04:35 AM
I couldn't get pics but I was doing a small rearrrangemnt yesterday and lifted up a piece of LR and saw what looked like a slug from the garden. It was about half the size of my thumbnail and kinda blotchy brown color. It slithered off quick enough that by the time I put the rock down it was gone. I can find no evidence of any distress in my corals or livestock but really would like to know what this might be...even if you can point me in the right direction to find it would be great help.

On another note I have been fightin with hair algae for a few weeks now . I have been doing daily 15% water changes and hair cuts but seemed to be just maintaining a happy medium. Added an algae blenny on Sunday and it is an absolute pig. It has backed the algae off a great deal already. From my reading I seem to have been lucky.

Alberta-newb
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Here's Melev's ID page for snails and nudibranchs: http://www.melevsreef.com/id/snails.html

Pretty handy site for IDing stuff. It's a good chance what you saw was a stomatella snail, I seem to have hundreds of them that came with my LR.

Francis

MikeP
09-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Sounds like a stomatella. They are harmless algae eaters.