PDA

View Full Version : Very First SPS

Barrett.Oliver
09-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies & Gents!

I'm very proud to say, last night I picked up my very first peice of SPS coral. Very ashamed to say that I don't not know what it is called(I will be posting a picture shortly for help?). What I'm here for is actually people personal preference in SPS care. Anything helpful is nothing but good for me. I also wanted to thank everyone in advance for their help.

Barrett

Trigger Man
09-16-2008, 07:14 PM
One thing to remember is that you need lots of flow, but try to make sure the powerhead does not directly hit the sps with water. To avoid this have the flow from the powerhead bounce off of a wall in the tank. I have also found that starting your placement of the SPS at the bottom of the tank for a bit (I put mine at the bottom for a week and then move it up higher, every few days, till it reaches its final placement point) puts less stress on it. As well you will have to make sure that your Cal and Alk levels are good and stay that way in order to see your SPS thrive. These are some tips that have been helpful to me in keeping SPS.