PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Kelowna soon.....

heyfredyourhat
09-15-2008, 03:20 AM
Any "good" lfs i should hit up? Places with corals and not just fish! Last time i was in Kelowna there was one place, not sure if its still there, but it was down on lakeshore/pandosy i think...close to the DQ.....???

Will be there saturday hopefully.

whatcaneyedo
09-15-2008, 03:33 AM
http://www.interiorreef.com/ I've never been there but their website says they're in Kelowna. Look at that I used all three "theres" in one sentance. :razz:

Palster
09-15-2008, 03:37 AM
http://www.interiorreef.com/ I've never been there but their website says they're in Kelowna. Look at that I used all three "theres" in one sentance. :razz:

Interior Reef is run out of the owners house so you will have to phone him and set up a time to visit. I haven't been there for a few weeks so I am not sure what he currently has in stock. Definitely give him a call and check it out.

Telford
09-15-2008, 04:23 AM
The store you were talking about down lakeshore is Pet City and they can have a decent selection at times, there is reefkeepers, they run it out of their house but they have quite a few tanks and proper hours...Wed-Sat 630pm-9pm i believe. Interior Reef is just starting out so their stock varies quite a bit.

We don't have anything compared to the stores in the lower mainland but i'm guessing better than Burns Lake.

heyfredyourhat
09-15-2008, 05:01 AM
Cool. Will check it out.

mseepman
09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
If you can get up to Vernon, there are two locations...AJ's Pets and Complete Petmart that carry Salt...AJ's has about 15 tanks and Complete has about 6.

brizzo
09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
If you can get up to Vernon, there are two locations...AJ's Pets and Complete Petmart that carry Salt...AJ's has about 15 tanks and Complete has about 6.

Definitely hit up the vernon shops! Saturday when I was in ReefKeepers they had a very good selection, even a couple SPS colonies which is rare to see in the Okanagan :)

heyfredyourhat
09-15-2008, 07:08 PM
I dont really know my way around vernon....Any directions?

mseepman
09-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Sure...

When you come from Kelowna to Vernon, you end up coming down a large hill into the city. Continue on this road through the first set of lights at the bottom of the hill, then the next set of lights at 30th Ave and then turn left on to the next road before you hit the lights at 32nd Ave. You will see AJ's pets one block in on the right.

To get to complete pet, get back onto the highway you came in on heading away from Kelowna. Continue on it until you approach a large intersection with a Safeway on the left (this is 43rd Ave) turn right. Get into your left lane immediately and then turn left onto 29th street. 1 1/2 blocks up is Complete Pet on your right (45th street I think)

Not too detailed but feel free to PM me if you need more info.