PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Hidden Reef, Abbotsford - Purchased and Open

Snaz
09-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Just a quick update on Hidden Reef, Abbotsford, BC. I was in there today and asked what was going on. Former HR employee Dan has purchased the business with his wife and renamed it Aquatic Addictions.

Jaws
09-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know if that means they're responsible for Hidden Reef's previous debts?

Keri
09-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Does anyone know if that means they're responsible for Hidden Reef's previous debts?

I doubt it! :(

seanoman
09-12-2008, 09:04 PM
No they are not. They are a completely different business. They have no affiliation to Hidden Reef whatsoever. Unfortunately those that did not get there money from Hidden Reef are most likely out of luck.

Anyways, I have been to Aquatic Addictions and they are doing lots of work cleaning up the store and getting it to the point to be a high quality reliable LFS. Dan and Nikki, the new owners, are great people and will do the best they can to accomdate your needs and get in the products or livestock that you need.

whatcaneyedo
09-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Cool I'll have to check them out the next time I drive to the coast for a weekend of tank shopping!

Jaws
09-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I dealt with Dan in the past and he was always awesome. Good luck Dan. I look forward to dealing with you in the future.

blaster
09-13-2008, 03:05 AM
There very good people to deal with and i expect a great store when everything is stocked up and in full swing.

pastout
09-15-2008, 06:23 AM
so what happend to petlovers going in there ? it was full of there staff al the times i was there? i was told rob had bought it by an employee?

Conkayde
09-23-2008, 04:57 PM
so what happend to petlovers going in there ? it was full of there staff al the times i was there? i was told rob had bought it by an employee?

Petlovers has opted to NOT complete the store. Yes you are correct it DID have staff as Rob was GOING to do it. However this is not the case now. It is owned and operated by Dan and Nikki whom most of you know or have talked to in the past. Dan used to help Mike out in the store and do installs and such and Nikki worked there for 3 or so years until she went on mat leave .

Aquattro
09-24-2008, 01:49 AM
It's great that Abbotsford is still going to have a local store. Best of luck to the new owners.
Unfortunately I've had to do a whole lot of editing here, so to avoid people posting commercial plugs, I've had to lock the thread.

Again, best of luck!